Author Topic: Leather cabin edging.  (Read 64259 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 13:32:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by ak1023 Checkering was ok for a while, but I really am going off it now...
Sorry to do this to you, BUT at this year`s Monaco Grand Prix,
   Check is still 'in'.

(Thanks, Crash.Net)

AND when I saw this T-shirt, I thought of you!

(From Slick Attire, Picture depicts 3 colour options)
   Shame it`s a Mustang, but the thought was there, eh?

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 20:26:35 »
It's a sobering thought that the totty in the process of putting an interesting range of dents in the bonnet (hood) above has just finished third in the Indy 500. No sexist comments from me! (or at least until I can think of one...)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 23:59:03 »
From my experience Monaco is always worth a trip!

Here the correct Cobra Crew outfit:

Michael

henryst

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 00:48:51 »
Nick, sorry to be a bore, but I'll tell you what is under your dash roll, or to be exact, how the roll is held on, front and rear.
   A strip of leather of sufficient width has a narrow strip of 16 gauge aluminium glued along one edge, as is a strip of I think, 1/4" foam. This ally strip is drilled every few inches, as is the front/rear cockpit perimeter tube. The ally/leather is then rivitted to the car with 1/8" csk rivits.
   The leather at the ends will be pared back to allow these ends to be finished without any excessive ridges. The leather will then be pulled around and glued to the undersides of the scuttle and tonneau panel.

If you want to do away with these rolls, the most serious work which you might have to carry out is a spot of filling and repainting.

Peter

jbottini

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 02:36:59 »
back on track!

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 08:57:07 »
Well done, that Man!

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 09:54:48 »
Oh Dear...... I'm going to have to come clean. I really wasn't expecting to get back to topic, how the hell did that happen!!!!

About 3 days after posting I realised that I knew what was there. On the wall of my study at home (Its a Temple to cars actually), I have a set of photos that were allegedly previously on display in the factory. Some of the pics I've seen in factory brochures before so I tend to think it could be right. In the middle of the pics is one of a car being sprayed. If you look closely at it you can see that its a rolled edge at the back of the cabin. This answered my question and tends to point to the fact that not only am I an anorak, but I'm an air head as well!

I sent the car for painting the very next day and its now completed. Its currently at the trimmers having the carpet redone on the bulk head behind the seats. Should be back early next week.

Guys I'm really, really sorry. The whole thing was on a roll and I didn't want to be the one that ruined it. It just made an interesting light read with lots of great pics!!!! It was also sooooo educational (I never knew who Danica Patrick was 2 weeks ago.... I most certainly do now! [:D]).

So all in all no harm done, but....................

It is really amazing how some people can become obsessed with Check!

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 14:21:10 »
AK1023,

Yes, those are the "factory photos" that were used in the first (blue cover) "AC MK IV" color brochure. The factory photos were done by a photographer "Etienne Bol" in SW Londo. I have a large framed color print of a BRG MK IV in the fall leaves parked in front of the banking at Brooklands. This picture was a gift from Brain Angliss and has Bol's card on the back. I would venture that the negatives are still on file.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 18:25:41 »
Sir.
   Whilst I applaud your efforts in wishing to enhance and cherish your vehicle, I must register my displeasure regarding your:

• Causing well-intentioned, like-minded enthusiasts to be drawn into a thread clearly intended to veer tangentially into near indecency as you asked a question to which you already had a full and concise answer.
  • When said discussion was returned to topic, you did nothing to maintain it`s course, indeed the opposite.
  • Hanging of pictures in a haphazard manner gauranteed to cause offence to the eye.
Unless there is some historical reason for the positioning of these photographs, I must insist that they are correctly levelled and gapped, otherwise I will have no option but to arrange for confiscation so that I can display them in my lounge in a manner that pleases my eye VERY much.
   Yours, etc.etc.
   Nik.B.J.B esq. DFS, B&Q, at the bar.

[:D]

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 20:32:52 »
In Switzerland, I saw a tool they use to hang up pictures on the wall. It is relatively unknown in other countries such as Italy, France, Belgium, and - of course - the UK. I even doubt, that there is a word for it in british language:

The swiss guys even use similar items to ensure the correct fit of their accessories:

Maybe, Nick used this british model. Nick, did you?:

[:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)] [:D] [;)] [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2009, 21:33:32 »
It`s a MkIII bubbleometer. [:)]

Maybe time for a new Bubble?:

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 23:31:44 »
May I remind you to come back to the topic ...

Here is the italian version of the checkered theme:

[:p] Really hot, the cars ...

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2009, 00:51:49 »
In reply to Rick, thanks for that information. Your photo sounds very special. If you ever move to a very, very little house and haven't got room for it PLEASE let me know. I have another wall thats spare!

In reply to Mr. Bagshaw, I'm afraid what appears to be a slightly off centred and unlevel set of pictures is actually a modern and enlightened way of doing things. For those blessed with teenagers in there houses (I have 4) it will not be a new concept, but for those who haven't come in contact with such beings it can only be refered to as "Chaos Theory Life Style". In our house we have all embraced fully this revolutionary new way of living. Clothes, shoes, books, dogs, ipods and all manner of other belongs are liberally scattered at random with no apparent reason throughout the home. Odd shoes can be found in the hall, bedrooms garage or toilet. Towels appear totally at random in all manner of places. Things go missing for weeks and then reappear without explanation. Windows break of there own accord, and if you go away for a few days with your wife suddenly a horde descend and drink all of your beer! These pictures are just a small part of this invigorating way of doing things. It has even spread to this thread and thus the reason it keeps heading off at tangents! Remember it please "Chaos Theory Life Style"

As for Michael, you seem to have embraced the chaos Theory with both arms, I can believe most things, but Fiat Puntos! As I said Check can become obsessive! With regard to the long yellow thingy, I have to say I can't recall seeing one for sometime in our house, but hey, chaos theory could be playing its part here as well!!!!

And to appease all of you that thought I was going off topic on purpose....... hasn't it been hot today! [:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2009, 11:43:22 »
Hmmm - not quite hot enough.........

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 12:13:19 »
I have to say I'm learning a lot from this thread - how to paint the garage floor, hang photos etc. I've even used some of the photos to suggest a change of wardrobe to my wife.
   I have to say hasn't warmed to the idea yet. Her response was to recommend I find out who supplied the coffin with the Shelby stripes and place an order while I could still speak.

I would like to know if this thread is leading up to a recommended dress code for the Diamond Jubilee in July ?