Author Topic: Leather cabin edging.  (Read 64968 times)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 21:37:20 »
Tell me about Cobra Performance, I never heard of them! Bad shot, but you´re getting closer to the solution! To be honest, I don´t know the date of publishing of this amasing  flyer!
   Other suggestions?

Michael

jbottini

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2009, 22:23:13 »
the utah boys shop?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2009, 23:21:45 »
Oh boys! Maybe we should return to the checkered theme. O.k., it´s not that easy, and after the subtle hints now the definite hint!

If nowbody knows the answer I have to think about retiring my AC Owners Club membership!!!

Here it is and it is really hot. But at first Dan Gurney completed:

And now black and white again:

The picture is not only the solution to the problem of locating the location, but if you mind the item on the left in the background, the answer to the question, why snap-on tools are called snap-on tools![:D]

I could add another question to the quiz: What is wrong on the picture? Because I learned that you are not that good in dissolving quizzes, here is the answer: The flame is too hot to weld aluminium!

Left and right side for your better understanding:

Question: Do you like the outfit of the location and where is it???

[?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 01:26:43 »
McKlusky's??????

jbottini

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2009, 02:37:15 »
don't think it is Malta...hoq about concours inc?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2009, 08:41:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

McKlusky's??????

First place goes to the US! http://www.mccluskeyltd.com/hf.html

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2009, 15:00:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV: Tell me about Cobra Performance, I never heard of them!...Michael

It took a while to find, but I quote from an article about Brian Angliss` Cobra Parts company in MotorSport, June 1975:
   "...Angliss` biggest customer is Cobra Performance, Sacramento, California, who took over the Shelby Organisation as official Cobra stockists. They can`t obtain many of the rolling chassis parts..., Brian can`t obtain many engine & gearbox parts in England, so there is something of a reciprocal arrangement."
   So if this is in ANY way linked to McCluskey,(which as I mentioned the 'LOST' chassis that he was to build up, I feel it is!) I claim the prize of an evening of fun with the Buffums, models, who, on second thought, are probably now older than my mother...[xx(]
   So I`ll just take a 'well done, you' instead![;)]

Incidentally, check this quote too:
   "...Angliss finds it difficult to put a price on a complete rebuild with all-new parts, but on average it would be about £10,000. On top of that, an original Cobra car/chassis would have to be bought upon which to base the rebuild..." So, about £14,000 all-in then?! [:D]

Good stuff, Michael, thanks for an entertaining quiz.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2009, 15:57:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV

quote:

McKlusky's??????

So what did I win??????

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2009, 19:40:52 »
You win everyones sympathy Rick!!!!!

(acually I was gonna say McCluskey but wanted to pretend I had a life.... ;-)

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2009, 20:15:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

You win everyones sympathy Rick!!!!!

(acually I was gonna say McCluskey but wanted to pretend I had a life.... ;-)

Aren't you supposed to writing or something? Instead you are wasting time posting to slackers like me!

jbottini

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2009, 20:38:00 »
you win a spot on AL's holiday card list...you;ll certainly treasure that!!!

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2009, 23:19:26 »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV

quote:

McKlusky's??????

So what did I win??????

Nothing, because the right answer was McCluskey, not McKlusky![}:)] No, i´m kidding[:o)]. Send your postal adress to CarollShelby(at)gmx(dot)de (note wrong spelling although - to be honest - I doubt if you will notice the wrong spelling taking into account how you spelled McCluskey[:D]) and I´ll think about it. I have a first idea in my mind, but let´s wait and see. Maybe the price will become funny or interesting, but don´t exept anything useful from me[:D]! But mostly the most useless things are the most desirable things, like to burn fuel driving a Cobra!

Michael

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2009, 00:09:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Begging for another clue here...what`s the year? If fathers` day was Sunday, June 19th, it could be `66, `77 or `83, and I`d guess `77, but who would have that many bodies stacked in `77?????
   What was the address of Brian Angliss` 'Cobra Parts'(pre-Autokraft)? Chessington, somewhere!
   Am I close? I suspect not, guessing it`s in the U.S somewhere..(Maybe 'Cobra Performance' of Sacremento, California?)

Aha...They must be Shelby`s 'LOST' chassis` that turned up later...(or not, as the case may be![B)])

What remains an open question to me is the date of the brochure. If I follow the `66, `77 or `83 track, only `77 or `83 remain, because according to his homepage McCluskey started to restore Cobras in 1969. The Daytona body can be CSX2299, 2300 or 2602, because McCluskey restored these Coupés. CSX 2300 was restored before `83, CSX 2602 after 1990, CSX 2299 not stated (source: "Daytona Cobra Coupés" by Brock, Friedman, Stauffer). Obviously Buffums was closed in 1991 due to financial problems.
   Another track is the blue car. I only found one source which claimed that the continuation Cobra´s were build in 91/92.
   According to his homepage, McCluskey restored CSX 3012, 3016, 3022, 3025, 3032, 3035, 3039, 3041 and 3043 (and CSX 3034: "3034 was shipped by its fifth owner, Gary Yahnke, to Mike McCluskey for restoration in 1977, during which it was repainted Black.").
   3016 is a darker blue. http://www.tenmagallop.co.jp/page009.html
   CSX3022: "Wayne: Our car is the much more valuable CSX 3022, an SC Cobra. It was owned by Ron McClure of Pasadena, who had McCluskey restore the car to original specification with medium-riser 427, painted blue with white stripes. The car has been in a number of magazines, like Automobile Quarterly vol 22, number 3, and was the subject of a rather famous David Kimble cutaway drawing which was made into a poster. In the late eighties, McClure had a smash-up with a Cadillac, sued his insurance company, and, I am told, recovered big bucks plus possession of the damaged car. Last owner, as of about 10 years ago, was Drew Serb of Orinda, who had the car restored and painted silver with thin stripes of red, white and blue. Original SC's in restored condition, with original chassis, etc. have got to be worth in vicinity of a million: there were only 54 coil spring Competition and SC Cobras made. I think one is going to auction during Classic Car Race week. Later, buddy. --Patrick
   3025: ?
   3032: ?
   3035: ?
   3039: ?
   3041: ?
   3043: ?

O.k., `77 or `83, who cares. I like the brochure and think it is an funny piece of Cobra history!

Michael

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2009, 01:10:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

you win a spot on AL's holiday card list...you;ll certainly treasure that!!!

You cheeky bastard!!!!!!!

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2009, 01:16:21 »
Hey!!!! I just noticed that is MY wife in the skivvies!!! Yeah, Morgan Fairchild, yeah, that's the ticket!!!!!!!!!![:D] And the other one looks a lot like Sharon!!!!