Author Topic: Leather cabin edging.  (Read 65065 times)

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2009, 17:36:58 »
Snake Man:

I have Jim Maxwell on the case. Or maybe he's on my case. Sorry to hear about the green stuff. Maybe kryptonite? I hear that a few cars will be dismantled - that's what I call cleaning!

John

Oh the storm had a name alright - several actually.....! Impressive precipitation though :-)

A-Snake

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2009, 18:44:29 »
quote:
Oh the storm had a name alright - several actually.....! Impressive precipitation though :-)

Trevor, That might be you behind me?

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2009, 19:39:08 »
Right car, wrong day! That's looking like a Monday to me unless I'm much mistook - I was tucked up nice and dry in the mighty Yukon :-) Which was the only car I could sit in due to my b***ered back. If I'd have gotten into a Cobra you'd need an engine hoist to lift me out!! I was in the car shown above on the Wednesday (sans rain...)

And where were the blue skies and fluffy white clouds you promised me - I want my money back (had I paid any...)

A-Snake

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2009, 21:57:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

And where were the blue skies and fluffy white clouds you promised me - I want my money back (had I paid any...)

Does this mean you want to return your Official very Limited Edition Cobra Battleground Tour Windbreaker?

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2009, 09:27:06 »
Oh yeah forgot about that. No! Never!! Not even from my cold dead grasp!!! Not even put it on ebay yet ;-)

That will be my stylish clothing of choice to wear at ALL AC events in the future, being the leading figure of fashion like wot I am.

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2009, 09:55:01 »
I thought you were going to the AC Anniversary Dinner dressed as "Mr. Six Pack"?!!!!!!

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2009, 21:47:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

My guess would be Daniel Sexton Gurney from Port Jefferson, Long Island,

The "real American hero" DSG did it all; Indycar, F1, sportscars, endurance, sedans and NASCAR!! And he won in all of them! Plus his efforts at building cars for himself and his teams right up to the last "AAR Eagle/Toyota" Indycar which while not a great sucess, was one of the prettiest cars in the field.

His "Alligator" motorcycles and other projects keep him busy to this day. He always has time to sign stuff and great unanounced vistors in Santa Ana. A lot of current "drivers" could learn a lot about public relations and who really generates the money that racers get.

http://www.allamericanracers.com/home.html

Here you can watch the beloved Sexton! To be honest what really gets me off is Kenneth Henry J. Miles demonstrating how to spin a Cobra. I also got wowed by the pictures of his four wheel drive.

Before watching the film go to the fridge to pick up some beer. Enjoy!

http://www.cobra-swiss.ch/Movies/Shelby%20goes%20racing%20with%20ford-high%20speed.wmv

Dan as a President would be o.k. if Ken would be elected Godfather of Car Racing!

Trevor, do you remember the sentence "My name is Caroll Shelby and performance is my business". That´s where it comes from!

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 02:26:27 »
"Shelby goes racing with Ford"  I have had a copy for over 25 years. And note how Carroll talks about "sport cars" not "sports", but "sport". And DSG thinks the GTs will "Really go at LeMans"........

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2009, 22:56:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

"Shelby goes racing with Ford"  I have had a copy for over 25 years. And note how Carroll talks about "sport cars" not "sports", but "sport". And DSG thinks the GTs will "Really go at LeMans"........

Is the swiss copy a full lenght copy? Does anybody know other "should have" films from the Cobra era and where they can be sourced?

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2009, 23:26:19 »
I have to say that if we were actually taking a vote for Presidents or Prime Ministers. That this is the man who would get my vote every time.
   I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Ferrari race day and he is such a lovely man. And as great a driver as has ever been. A complete Gentleman.

Here he talks about his early career. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQn0tjLxxo

And then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl-qL9tvaQ

And then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPVwW-a_3WI

And for once I'm serious! [:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2009, 12:20:09 »
Can I second that and then some!? But he'd never become a politician of any kind - he's totally honest! Also had the great honour to spend a day with him (and some Scottish guy - Stewart I think he said) standing around on the GP loop at Brands just over a week ago talking about cars, Cobras, more Cobras and proper racing from the days when men were men (etc). A magical day, never to be forgotten - keep an eye open for a future edition of Motor Sport. Or if you're passing through Sweden, a copy of Teknikens Varld.

Sir Jack is the greatest PM we never had. Maybe in another universe, he was! But we're stuck with what we've got :-(

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2009, 20:54:10 »
Mister Sixpack,

don´t bubble, do it. I remember a british Sprinter after winning the World Championship title who stated: "I decided to got to get it and to go for it."
   We have many candidates, what we need is a programme for government. Name the party "The Fuel-Head Party" and the programme is simple: Dispose the speed limit on motorways and the tax on fuel. Sure Jack would win with such a programme!
   But don´t let anybody know who drove the AC Coupé on the M1 and remove articles like these from the archives:

Legend has it, that the driver of the AC Coupé brought the speed limit to the U.K.!

PS: Fortunately Porsche and Mercedes had their on test tracks to test their race cars!

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2009, 10:42:47 »
As ever, the legend is totally wrong - those headlines (it was a quiet newsweek) had no influence at all as the ridiculous 70mph limit had already been decided and was well en route to becoming 'law'. Lord Jack of Willment did check and was assured he played no part in such swivel-eyed policies....I love that headline though - where can I order my probe? (can I say 'probe' here?)

Maybe Porsche and M-B did own tracks but Aston Martin didn't. And where was the Aston factory? I rest my case M'Lud

So how do we get this Petrol-Power Party started? Clearly you're prepared to fund it ;-) and I'll be transport minister

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:34 »
I'd like to be Chancellor Please!

Or something to do with Foreign Affairs!

I'e never thought of myself as a political animal before, but..... I could be tempted!!!!  [:p]

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2009, 20:33:20 »
That's what I call a Foreign Affair. Or two. Still, we can only dream can't you?