Author Topic: Pleasing Day.  (Read 2088 times)

Big col

• View Profile
Pleasing Day.
« on: July 21, 2020, 20:45:11 »
I took my almost completed project car (AC 16/66) to my classic friendly MOT centre today and doubled up on pleasant surprises. I was Not wanting an MOT but wanted to have a general check over for safety sake and the brakes tested.
The first surprise was how good the brakes were and their ability  to lock up all the wheels and how well balanced they were. I know self praise is no praise but for a first time dabble with cable brakes I was quite pleased with myself.
The second surprise was that the tester didn’t charge and said it was a pleasure to see the car and show the apprentice around an old car. He also admitted it was the oldest car he had ever worked on and had never seen cable brakes himself.
It possibly helped that I took my Austin Champ in for MOT yesterday which passed and I have booked in my Honda S2000 tomorrow. Let’s hope I get a hatrick and that passes as well.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

TTM

• View Profile
Re: Pleasing Day.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 08:36:30 »
Congratulations for the results. It aways feels good to have our own work validated by an appreciative MOT officer, even when we know our way around our cars.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 09:42:54 »
Excellent!  Would you like to name the MOT station for the benefit of others in your area?

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 21:33:40 »
It is Dickies Tyre & MOT Centre Wakefield WF1 2QD
By the way the Honda passed as well but only after the tester told me to put some water in the screen washer. I felt a right plonker for committing such a school boy error.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 10:04:03 »
Hi Colin well on the vehicle front with MOT and safety test.

I to like to take my car for a safety test, just to be sure. It always amazes the apprentices when it goes in.

And my what a contrast between the AC and Honda in the technology department!

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.