Author Topic: AC 428 Bonnet on ebay  (Read 10321 times)

shep

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« on: April 27, 2009, 17:50:18 »
A good friend informs me that any  owner who needs an original aluminium 428 bonnet should have a look at ebay under AC 428 Bonnet. So far there are no bids and they want £200 to start, but if you had to have one made, ebay sounds the real deal. I have not seen it in the metal so can't comment other than to advise it exists. Happy bidding

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:12:44 »
Deja vú? You`ll have to be quick as the auction ends today(Tuesday)at 9:45pm!
   Here`s the eBay Ad that was mentioned after it was previously listed in the CF64 Thread.
   It`s still £200, with no bids.

From the eBay Description:

AC 428 ALUMINIUM BONNET

I am selling this on behalf of my uncle who lives in France.

It has been in storage for many years after the vehicle was used for 427 Cobra Conversion. Please note there are no other parts available.

The successful bidder can collect from Mayenne area in Northern France or Junction 4/5 M25 this summer. To guarantee purchase payment by PayPal please.

The bonnet has many coats of paint on it. The lighter areas in the photos are where the paint has been removed. The 'brown' areas in the photo of the underneath are the remains of sound deadening pad and glue. One hinge pin is broken but can easily be replaced.

So presumably this is from the 428 (CFX 35, link to Classicus` register) that was converted to a Cobra and advertised in France until recently?

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 14:24:08 »
Wells that's the bonnet sorted, now to wait for all the other bits to arrive on ebay so I can git me a 428 on the cheap..!! And I'll have it all bolted together just as the petrol supplies run out, about the time of my 150th birthday. Oh dear.

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 16:17:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

Wells that's the bonnet sorted, now to wait for all the other bits to arrive on ebay so I can git me a 428 on the cheap..!! And I'll have it all bolted together just as the petrol supplies run out, about the time of my 150th birthday. Oh dear.

But Trveor,

You'll need to buy a 427 and stretch the chassis! Perhaps Kirkhams will be a "dime a dozen" by then........

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 17:13:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate...I'll have it all bolted together just as the petrol supplies run out, about the time of my 150th birthday...

Petrol`s running out NEXT YEAR?????[:0]

[:o)]

TLegate

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 18:05:52 »
Ouch young Bagshaw, that was below the belt! A bit. Anyway I have no option to meet with you, sir, and a pair of matched pistols, upon Hampstead Heath at dawn on the morrow.

And maybe you will get Kirkhams for a dime per dozen - methinks the market is a little on the quiet side for such toys right now....

cobham cobra

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 14:12:13 »
Hang on a minute Trevor.....are you really saying you want to meet Nik early in the morning on Hampstead Heath to see if you've got matched pistols [?][:D]

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC 428 Bonnet on ebay
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 16:06:49 »
ENOUGH ALREADY! [:I]

Back on topic.

The bonnet remains unsold...