Author Topic: AC 2 litre brake master cylinder, assistance required.  (Read 1996 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
AC 2 litre brake master cylinder, assistance required.
« on: August 04, 2020, 15:56:09 »
HI can anyone tell me the difference in the Brake master cylinders used on the 2 litre saloon. I know the different bore sizes but I am more interested in the fitting side of things. I believe they are all the 3 hole fitting.

Are they interchangeable ie early 5/8th for later larger bore?

I am upgrading the brakes to later version.

Cheers  Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

musicman

• View Profile
Re: AC 2 litre brake master cylinder, assistance required.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 18:22:34 »
hello Gary, have you changed your phone number as it is telling me that it is not available. I have been trying to contact you re the brakes. If you know my e mail address please forward your new number. I am in France and will be here for approximately three months. Regards

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 13:25:06 »
Gary,
I don't know the answer to your question, but the man I go to with this kind of detailed brake question is Paul Hunt at Powertrack Ltd.
01753 842680
Apart from keeping all the old manuals and spec. sheets he also stocks many of the old parts
Barrie

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:00:57 »
Gary, I have looked at both cylinders small and larger bore, externally they are both the same size. The reason for the larger bore was because the rear brakes were changed to hydraulics thus the feeling was that a larger bore for pushing more fluid was required. However as you have fitted a servo and you are changing to hydraulic rear brakes, I would be inclined to try the system as it is and then make changes to the bore size afterwards. As I mentioned before the brake master cylinder is the same size, thus you could get the cylinder bored out and fitted with a new larger plunger and seal.
Hope this info helps. Regards Leo

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 14:53:07 »
Cheers Brian and leo.

Will contact when back at as away in Suffolk and have phone. Not that adept with little keyboard.

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.