Author Topic: ACtion in electronic form  (Read 21434 times)

bex1210

• View Profile
ACtion in electronic form
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 20:38:41 »
On 20 October, the administator said:

»»When you get to the Members' Section, there should be a picture of an Aceca 'at speed' in the middle of the screen, with some text. The text tells you that details are available under the 'Model Directory' button. Click on the 'Model Directory' button and you should get a drop down menu with various sections, each of which has Intro, Pictures and Articles.««

I don't see any picture of an Aceca. There is a partial picture of what appears to be a Cobra at the very top of the page. I tried IE, Firefox, and Opera. However, there is a drop down menu on the left, which includes an entry for "Model Directory". I selected "Ace"  (there is no "Ace Bristol"), and found the Intro, Pictures and Articles drop down which you mentioned. Thanks for guiding me there.

Harry

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 14:57:48 »
Have looked at the model information on the site & find that there is no information on the PVT & very little on the AC Weller Engine!
   I do know that a great deal of information lurks in the NewsLetters as i have submitted some items of use to owners.
   What is needed is for a troll through the back copies & put all the data on the web pages.
   In the case of the AC Engine & PVT i believe Rod Briggs has already done this work, perhaps this could be requested from him & made available to all?

Robin

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 09:32:41 »
Harry

Glad you found the section.  The Aceca picture appears on the page with the drop down menu rather than with the text.

Robin

I would dispute that there is very little on the AC engine!  All Dr Fellowes' rebuild articles are there plus several others.  All the articles so far loaded are from Eric Gates' period as editor, as they were easily available in electronic form.  As far as I could see there were no technical articles on the PVT during this period and I don't think there have been any since (although there have been a few letters).  If you have any specific requests for earlier articles please let me know and I will try to get them scanned via the library.

I emailed Rod quite a while ago regarding the site but had no reply - will try again.

Bryan

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 14:02:49 »
Bryan
   Thanks for comment, i realise the difficulty going back through the newsletters, i did do some of this with my old newsletters but i do not have access to those before i joined.Some members may have done this but to capture all the information would take some coordination, i could in a spare moment list the items i looked at, these do however include comments made as well as articles.
   Stewart Wallace was a good contributor over the years.
   As you know i am fairly clued up on the Weller engine as i am re-making most of the major castings etc, one of the problems for members is that not all people have computer access so if the data is built up then copies in hard copy form might be helpful to those members!
   Perhaps each of the Registrars might give some thought to this together with John Spencer Librarian.

Regards

Robin