Author Topic: ACtion in electronic form  (Read 21437 times)

sruzila

• View Profile
ACtion in electronic form
« on: October 12, 2006, 20:07:18 »
Is there any way to get back copies of ACtion in electronic form? How about making it a PDF and emailing it out to people (especially those of us not in the UK).

Steve

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:17 »
It's been considered several times, but there are a (perhaps) surprising number of members without computer access, and email addresses change all the time.  ACtion will remain paper.  The Members' Section has a good selection of articles on problems and fixes for various models.

A long term project is an ACtion index:  but it is a huge job and really is long term!

Bryan

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 16:51:58 »
Bryan,

I would have thought that a PDF document available online / via email would be another source that would complement, not replace, the paper version. For example, back issues not in print could then be made available to people who were not in the club at the time of original publication.

If assistance is required, I am happy to lend a hand !

sruzila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 17:51:14 »
I would definately like to see older issues available as PDF (or whatever easily readable format) online.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 17:57:11 »
So would I!  I'll check up to see what state the project is at.  Beware - if you make offers of assistance you may well be taken up!!

Bryan

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:39 »
What exactly is ACtion ??? cant it be scanned ???

Ron

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 09:52:12 »
I guess from this you are not a member - join the club and you will find out!

Bryan

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 18:09:18 »
Hello Bryan,
   I had sent you a general question on Forum Access to the server e-mail address. Did you not get that?

Regards
   Constant Wagner

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 00:41:26 »
Ok the CLUB .... tell me the secret code and I will join...didnt know there was a club ???? please elaborate ???

Thanks,

Ron

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:29:19 »
Constant

Your question (which went to John Lewis, rather than me - I was away) has gone to the committee for a formal response.

Ron

There are details and an application form on the Home page - look forward to welcoming you as a member!

Bryan

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 11:47:10 »
Hi Ron,
   You are looking at the ACOC website. The ACOC is the AC Owners Club it is a world-wide club and exists to promote the preservation and enjoyment of all the different models built by the AC company from 1903 to the present day. The Club Magazine, ACtion, is published monthly except for January. The back pages hold classified ads for cars as well as parts and the contributed articles are always worth reading.
   You have already found the forum section and I suggest you have a look at the home page and other sections of the site such as regalia, events, history and the membership form ;)
   Regards - John.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 17:47:35 »
From My point of view the technical recomendations & articles are the most important parts of the previous newsletters, this allows every member to be aware of problems & solutions.
   I believe some people have already done some work going through the back issues! how about this being available to all?

Robin

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 09:39:45 »
Hi Robin

There is already a good selection of technical articles on the Members' Section.  Scanning more is a time consuming business, but if you have a 'hit list' of specific items you would like to see done please let me know.  There isn't a lot of point in making everything available unless a comprehensive index is also available - it would be fine for idle browsers but useless for finding specifics.

Bryan

bex1210

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 00:20:15 »
On 10/19, the administrator said:

»»There is already a good selection of technical articles on the Members' Section.««

I am a member, and have gone to the Members section of this website. All I find are listings for: Articles of Association, Officers, and Accounts. Where do I find the Technical Articles that you are speaking of?

Harry

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:23 »
When you get to the Members' Section, there should be a picture of an Aceca 'at speed' in the middle of the screen, with some text.  The text tells you that details are available under the 'Model Directory' button.  Click on the 'Model Directory' button and you should get a drop down menu with various sections, each of which has Intro, Pictures and Articles.  We are also gradually loading the registers to the 'Intro' sections as they come in from the Registrars.

If you are using a Mac with the Safari browser you may have problems.  It all works fine with a standard PC and IE.

Bryan