Author Topic: Who has an AC-engined Ace with optional heater???  (Read 2106 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Who has an AC-engined Ace with optional heater???
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:55:06 »
I'm looking for anyone who has an Ace with the AC engine, who also has the optional heater. I want to know if the heater output/control from the thermostat housing I have is the standard configuration. Attaching a picture of the arrangement on AEX127. Thanks for any help!

Peter B.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
Re: Who has an AC-engined Ace with optional heater???
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 17:48:27 »
I would use the search function of the forum and enter "Delaney Gallay"  as theres a few threads on the heaters and may lead you to an owner who can answer the question.
To my untrained eye the connection on the housing looks "home made".

Graham

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 19:38:14 »
Thanks Graham. Will search and see if anything pops up. Since the heater was optional, I don't believe there were ever any internal controls to open or close the heater valve, thus the 'Manual' opening valve one my car. Hopefully someone else out there has an early  AC-engined Ace (not Aceca) with the heater!
Peter B.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 20:05:13 »
For what its worth my Bristol 400 has the water control valve mounted under the dash in the cabin.
I dont see the point in it being just adjustable in the engine bay and you could easily mount it in the cabin.
My take off for the water is via a brass spigot  (See attached photo)assembly that mounts in one of the water hoses (Tubano or straight) to the water pump.
I am sure some ACOC silver-back told me it was the same system in Ace/Aceca.
The Bristol 400 set up is 1949 but quite "posh"  and a clayton heater--I will try to locate my cabin water control valve and post up.
Graham
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 21:20:04 by Flyinghorse »

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 20:43:20 »
Interesting. The hose coming off the valve in the picture attaches to a copper pipe that runs along the head to the heater, and connects thru a short hose to the heater input which protrudes thru the firewall. There is no plumbing inside the cockpit, so no place to put a control in easy reach. I believe my setup is original to the car, but until someone else can show me what they have, can't be sure!

Peter B.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 21:21:09 »
I just edited my  earlier post  with the Spigot picture.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 21:42:09 by Flyinghorse »