Author Topic: "Dads Day" charity driving at Dunsfold  (Read 11272 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
"Dads Day" charity driving at Dunsfold
« on: March 26, 2009, 16:02:32 »
Anyone fancy being part of the static car display at the Top Gear track at Dunsfold in Surrey for a charity supercar day in May ?

The charity is The Children’s Trust, a national charity working with children who have multiple disabilities. They are based at a 24 acre site in Tadworth, Surrey and offer services to children across the UK.

The "Dads Day" event is at Dunsfold Park-  on Saturday, 16th May from 10-4.30pm, they already have Club Scuderia and Petrolhead Nirvana. involved, but would be very happy if the ACOC joined in with a few cars.

Dunsfold Aerodrome is located close to the A281, to the west of Cranleigh, Surrey, 11 miles south of Guildford on the A281 and 13 miles north of Horsham on the A281.

This year we will only have to option of static disply, but next year we may get to play with our cars on the track[:)]

The website says ....
   Club Scuderia and Petrolhead Nirvana will be turning out in  Ferraris, Maseratis and Lamborghinis, to give car enthusiasts, young and old, a turn around some of the infamous corners. There will also be Fire Engine and Double Decker Bus rides, 4 Ferrari simulators and a Slot Car competition, a static vehicle display including a varied selection of classic and interesting vehicles and the Air Ambulance.

More info here http://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/events.asp?itemid=738&itemTitle=Dad%27s+Day+OutÂ

duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 21:18:35 »
Hello John,

I'm available on that Saturday & would be happy to come along if there are a few others?

Cheers,

James
   212 S/C

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 16:16:59 »
Hi James,
   Yes it would be good to have you join us, have you got your car back from it's service yet ? There is good news, the situation has changed a little since my original post. We now have the possibility of limited track access[:)].
   The plan is to have 75 cars offering paid for rides round the Top Gear track and track access will be marshalled and run by MSA. The organisers currently have 50 Ferraris, 15 Lambos and 10 other cars. One of the "other" cars will be a Cobra and if there is sufficient interest in our cars then more ACOC attendees will be invited onto the track. If you want to send me a PM I'll email you more details when I get them.
   Thanks - John.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 18:34:15 »
John,

If Ok I would like to bring my Ac Ace Brooklands along, let me know what I need to do?

Thanks

John.

duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 21:20:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Hi James,
   Yes it would be good to have you join us, have you got your car back from it's service yet ?

I take it you we're over a UniClip/Bill Sheppard's last week then [:D] Car back in fine fettle now and fully geo'd so its driving very nicely at the moment.

Good news on the increased profile the ACOC will get at this event - will PM my details over to you and look forward to the day (thanks for organising this).

Cheers,

James

duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35:55 »
Hello John,

Do you have any more details for next Saturday? Are we meeting up for a run down there?

Cheers,

James

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 13:58:15 »
The event was mentioned in the Sunday Times last weekend and they have now pre-sold 1500 tickets for Saturday. If any members would like to participate in the event and join the static display please respond here or email me at john (at) moonlightmedia(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks - John.