Author Topic: Wiring diagram PVT?  (Read 16724 times)

acmathom

• View Profile
Wiring diagram PVT?
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:54:59 »
Hello,

after some years of rebuilding my AC (Chassis no. L571), I am now looking for a wiring diagram to sort out the electrical connection. Could any expert assist with a wiring diagram? The car has been rebuild in form of a 2-seater Roadster, so any diagram (e.g. 16/60, 16/70 or 16/80) would be most helpful.

Thanks and kind regard from a new German member in the forum, Jurgen (ACmathom)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Wiring diagram PVT?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 14:52:41 »
If you go on the PVT section of the members section you will find a servicing sheet by Auto Car Trader Service sheet 54, however this is for a two brush dynamo with a regulator & not a three brush dynamo with a cut out.
   The nearest to the AC with a three brush dynamo is a Wolseley 10/40 & 12/48 car circuit of which i could scan to you if you let me have your 'E' Mail address. I copied this from a pre war mechanics book.
   Most people convert to a two brush dynamo & fit a modern regulator out of sight & have the original cut out left in the original place which can be used for wiring too but you will need to modify the circuit somwhat!
   You could also consider a solid state regulator which is more efficient to control the dynamo output also i understand you can obtain more current that way.
   Auto Sparks have made Looms & can arrange to wire in an indicator circuit instead of trafficators which would be safer on the road.
   Do you have the steering columb switch at the lower end which also is where the hand controls exit? If you do not you will have difficulty finding them now.
   Hope this assists.

Robin

acmathom

• View Profile
Wiring diagram PVT?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:11 »
Thanks for the very fast response! I already got a wiring loom by Auto Sparks with a "out of focus"-copy of the appropriate AC-diagram. My main task is now to identify the colour codes of the wires in the loom.  As far as I know, there has been no standard Lucas code for pre-war cars. I haven´t decided yet about the regulator - my prefered option is to keep it as genuine as possible. The indicator will be wired separatly form the loom as they have to comply with rather tight german regulation... Thanks for the offer of the Wolseley circuits, but I might have the same book ;-)

acmathom

• View Profile
Wiring diagram PVT?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:03 »
I have got a wiring diagram from another source. I can send the Image to anyone intested. Regards, Jurgen

Big col

• View Profile
Re: Wiring diagram PVT?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 22:11:49 »
I got a loom for my 1935  16/66 DHC from Autosparks and it was useless. I agreed to work with them to make one that suited my rebuilt car. After I did so and them agreeing to wrap for free they then charged me for the whole loom again. Needless to say I dont have a good word for Autosparks and would advise people with a PVT to stay clear of them.
I am on holiday at the moment but when I get home I am happy to let you have the drawings that I made up. They may be specific to my car but they may be more representative of a DHC 16/60 or 70 than the one available on the web currently.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.