Author Topic: A C Bristol Wind Wings  (Read 3510 times)

Robert Wilder

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:21:12 »
I would like to purchase glass wind wings for my 1959 A C Bristol (straight wind screen). In the USA all I can find are plexiglass wind wings with Cobra on them. From years back, I think there was a guy in the UK who owned a comnpany named Brasscraft. Does he supply the glass wind wings and chrome brackets that connect to the wind screen frame? If so, how do I get in touch with him. If not is there another company that does provide them?

aex125

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:35:12 »
Robert, Not sure if Brasscraft has what you need but here is contact information;

Brasscraft
   Farley Mount
   Hogs Back
   Seale
   Farnham
   Surrey GU10 1EU

Tel: (+44) 01252 782702
   Fax: (+44) 01252 783628
   Alternatively, can you buy the plexiglass versions, have a glass shop cut and drill a glass version using the plexiglass as a template, and then attach them with the brackets that came on the plexiglass versions?
   Jay

Robert Wilder

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 13:41:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

Robert, Not sure if Brasscraft has what you need but here is contact information;

Brasscraft
   Farley Mount
   Hogs Back
   Seale
   Farnham
   Surrey GU10 1EU

Tel: (+44) 01252 782702
   Fax: (+44) 01252 783628
   Alternatively, can you buy the plexiglass versions, have a glass shop cut and drill a glass version using the plexiglass as a template, and then attach them with the brackets that came on the plexiglass versions?
   Jay

nikbj68

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:39:14 »
I found a link to Snake Doctor, Bethania, N.C who appear to offer 2 versions, but it doesn`t actually state whether they are plexi or glass.
   A couple of other sources in the UK would be:
   The Brooklands Motor Company, or
   Hawk Cars, Good luck with getting what you need.
   Nik.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 12:50:07 »
Just Looked at Hawk Cars web site & Gerry has Wind Wings in glass for £70 per set which fit his 289!Might be worth contacting Hawk Cars in UK to see if they are what you need.

Robin

nikbj68

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 13:25:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Robin A Woolmer

Just Looked at Hawk Cars web site & Gerry has Wind Wings in glass for £70 per set which fit his 289!Might be worth contacting Hawk Cars in UK to see if they are what you need.
   Robin

Wish I`d thought of that!!![;)]

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
A C Bristol Wind Wings
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 13:29:55 »
You would be surprised how many parts Gerry can supply to keep the cars on the road including fitting complete new body shells onto existing Ace chassis & they look good!

Robin