Author Topic: BEX225  (Read 2586 times)

ac ace

• View Profile
BEX225
« on: March 14, 2009, 18:05:40 »
Good day all. After reading more letters on this forum I just want to say. I will not restore BEX225 to perfection. I will leave the body with just a clean aluminum finish. All the little dents will remain also.As for the interior I plan to do the same.The carpets were eaten by mice and have just rotted away. Bare aluminum with blace leather seats will be fine for me. No one will ask is it a kit car.
   I will get some photos out soon. Take care all
   Nick

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
BEX225
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 19:41:24 »
Nick

Welcome to the Forum and the AC Owners Club, Nice to learn that a long lost ( Well not heard of for some time) Ace Bristol has come out of hibernation and is to receive a sympathetic restoration.

You mention that it wore many different coats of paint,  Was this because it changed hands many times or did it have a hard life e.g.
   Racing ? Hillclimbs ? or simply well used and enjoyed?

Regularly raced in USA and Canada ??  Can you enlighten us all as to the History of BEX225 as very little is known of your car.

Hopefully, with information from you and the previous owner/s, We can  create a accurate history - picture of yet another Ace.

With the bonus that some of BEX225 history can assist in confirming and/or complementing  the history of other Aces which were exported to Canada and USA in the 1950s / 1960s. (Especially those with a  Racing - Competition background)

Good luck with the sympathetic restoration, if we can help with advice, parts etc just post details on the forum.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
BEX225
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 19:10:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by ac ace

Good day all. After reading more letters on this forum I just want to say. I will not restore BEX225 to perfection. I will leave the body with just a clean aluminum finish. All the little dents will remain also.As for the interior I plan to do the same.The carpets were eaten by mice and have just rotted away. Bare aluminum with blace leather seats will be fine for me. No one will ask is it a kit car.
   I will get some photos out soon. Take care all
   Nick

Nick

Hopefully you have clocked up a few miles in BEX225 and all is 100%.

Can you please email me a few pictures of BEX225 as  bought and a few period pictures if you were lucky enough to have received some in your history file.

I have received a email request from Tony Bancroft the official ACOC Ace Bristol Registrar to forward on pictures and your address for inclusion in the next update of the Ace Bristol register. ( We now have record of 383 0f the 463 Ace Bristol's manufactured, a truelly remarkably survival rate ....... Does any one out there have details or own one of the 80 unaccounted Ace Bristols???????)

Can you please email all details and pictures to:

Keith  dot  Lessiter @   Faac  dot  co  dot uk

All data is confidential and only for the register, As little is known of BEX225 any data and pictures would be appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Keith
   BEX333