Author Topic: FBHVC 2020 Enthusiast Survey  (Read 2349 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FBHVC 2020 Enthusiast Survey
« on: July 20, 2020, 13:33:37 »
The FBHVC has launched its quinquennial National Historic Vehicle Survey, a little earlier than planned so that it can cover activities in 2019 rather than the inevitably curtailed activities of 2020.  Please take part here to help the FBHVC prove to the Government the importance of the historic vehicle movement:

https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/2020-enthusiast-survey

Closing date is 15 September 2020.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 13:36:11 by administrator »

Nev

• View Profile
Re: FBHVC 2020 Enthusiast Survey
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:16:37 »
I want to be able to help them and support the cause (having 4 historic vehicles, and also the AC), but not comfortable in filling in the details they are wanting,  what is the vehicle?, where is it kept?, how much is it worth?, what security does it have? ...………  they will most likely be storing the IP address used to fill this in, and so it is a hop, a skip and a jump to be able to find the motors, should they suffer a cyber attack or similar. I might have another look and leave out those details, but then the response will likely be of limited value...….

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 15:54:19 »
Hi Nev could be to late as from your posts it is fairly easy to identify your type of vehicle and therefore easy to identify value, if this site should get cyber attacked then your IP address will be lifted and lo and behold as you say a hop skip and a jump to your car.

Paranoia is every where ;D

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 09:46:30 »
Initial results are now available:

https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/news/article/fbhvc-national-historic-vehicle-survey-reveals-significant-contribution-to-uk-economy

The 'infographic' download at the bottom of the page is rather good.