Author Topic: Ace Configuration Running Changes  (Read 7134 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Ace Configuration Running Changes
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 12:16:52 »
Looks like IE is the only browser that actually knows how to render xml, Firefox and Chrome don't seem to have that capability. I've sent the PDF back to Jay already, will also see if there's another way to get this to work.

Try this link also, should work in all browsers:
   http://www.classic-motors-online.com/runningchanges.htm
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 19:38:16 »
Peter / Jay  uncle John Cobly and all.

Out of the 1700 Ace/ Aceca photos in my archive, very few actually confirm the finer details,  even less confirm Chassis plates and Interior details.

However, Quickly scanned through on my lap top and noted a few items, then couldn't open up the Forum file to carry out the following updates.

Trunk Handle..........  AEX61 has Budget Locks.

BEX333 is fitted with Chromed Brass Grill,  bloody heavy compared with the later Ali job,  (Could have gone three/ four miles an hour faster by swapping over grills, even faster if I got rid of the two wind tone horns )

Tony Michael's Ace BE474 and  K.Kays Aceca BE750 are fitted with a clock in  the Speedo.  Did the Aceca and Ace use same / similar instruments?

BEX333  has extended footbox on drivers side.

With AC making hand built cars for the world wide market specification of fixtures and fittings could vary, plus cars were not neccessarily registered or despatched in strict numerical order.

Hopefully some of the attached data helps narrow down change over dates.

Can Peter or Jay, update as and when ever possible.??

That's my Quota of spare time for today .....  ZZZZ zzzzzzzzzz

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 01:47:50 »
Peter,
   Thank you for getting a link to the list, someday I'll learn this software stuff. Keith, thanks for awaking from your slumber and providing some more updates. Hopefully, there will be more coming as people go through their old pics and compare to the list. I'll keep updating as info comes in and hopefully we can get some very narrow gaps in the cut over points.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 17:22:48 »
Jay

Spent ten minutes scrolling through early Ace pictures,  Many early Aces have now been restored, infact usually over restored ( makes them so Sterile, loss of patina & charater ... however every one to their own, Would be a bloody boring World if every one was the same)

Unfortunately during restoration many early Aces inherit glove Box lids and T handles on the Boot( Trunk) Simple to maintain some form of security to personal possessions when leaving ones Ace unattended, The World we live in !!

Picture of AEX111 prior to restoration has T lock,  where as AEX142 Restored has Budget handle .....One really needs to analyse Old black and white period pictures or inspect unrestored unmolested Aces to get accurate, realistic  upgrade dates.

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 15:09:12 »
Thanks Keith and I agree with trying to find original B/W pics or getting info from early owners. On the trunk handle vs budget lock,I used pics from Rinsey Mills' new book which showed pics of each chassis number from the early days.In the pics there, 61 had a budget lock and 64 (Betty Haig at the starting line in June '55) had a handle. I am guessing these pics were of the original configurations, but we may never know for sure. All of this is going to end up being a best guess, but the available information is somewhat limited.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 16:38:38 »
Jay

I think you really do have tooooo much free time,  I scrolled through early Ace pictures, very few showing rear view, However the following 21 rear view shots are as listed.

Fitted with Budget Handle:
   24,26,34,35,46,61,92,95.  and 142

Fitted with T Handle:
   33,40,49,51,70,72,78,89,102,107 and 111.

That's twenty minutes  ( I origonally set fifteen) .......  Time for a coffee and do something more constructive with my time.
   Jay can you please email the rear view picture of AE64 - Betty Haiges Ace on the Start line in 1955.

The above listing just proves what a impossible task you have taken on, However if it helps you move on then it's medicinal,  Keep taking the tablets and contributing to the forum.

Keith

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 04:40:15 »
Keith,
   Its really just that I get bored easily and with the recent rain I have had to find something to amuse myself with. Since 1078 is a 200yd walk up the hill along a muddy road, it was left to do something at the house.[|)] Unfortunately, as your recent research has shown, it looks like I am tilting at windmills in this endevour. Oh well, they say there will be sun this week so I will be able to get out, tend the orchard, ride the bike, work on 1078, and leave everyone alone.[;)] I'll try and get the Betty Haig picture scanned in this week and send it your way.
   Jay