Author Topic: wire wheel nuts  (Read 14044 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 20:09:08 »
Crossed wires, I think!
   I was wondering where the U.S based British Wire Wheel Co. get their 'made in England' parts from( e.g. probably Orson, hence the 60% mark-up), not questioning Orson`s credentials!
   I wonder whether B.W.W supply ex-stock, or would they be shipped direct from ol` Blighty?

Pity it wasn`t 3-eared knock-off`s for Halibrands you wanted...
   I think I found the nest[;)]

pjbowman

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 03:30:00 »
With the current exchange rate, looks like Orson is the better deal this week (but just barely). A few months ago when the rate was 2- 1, a different story. Price inclusive of shipping from BWW was/is $336 for 4, and they are wonderful. Don't think you can go wrong either way.
Peter B.

A-Snake

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 04:27:16 »
For what it's worth or if it is of any concern, the AC knockoffs pictured on the British Wire Wheel site are not "as original"

Originals do not have "feathers" on the arrow. UNDO is stamped only once and (NEAR) is inserted between LEFT and SIDE.

I should qualify this by saying that this is in reference to AC knockoffs used on AC Cobras. I may not be aware of different designs used by other AC's

aex125

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 01:55:24 »
Jim,
   When I bought AEX125, it came with beat up spinners which I took to be the original ones, and a set of new ones that lacked the "Near" and "Off" writing. I re-chromed the original ones to use as I had also seen the near/off on pictures that were supposedly of original cars. I also checked the original ones for feathers as I had not noticed that before and they do not have feathers either. Of course driving down the road one cannot see any difference between the different types so if all of the repos carry feathers and no near/off, it probably will not be noticed.
   Jay

A-Snake

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 03:43:57 »
It's all so confusing! [:o)]

pjbowman

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 12:21:34 »
Just got pictures from Orson, theirs is the same as the BWW ones, so looks like there's no exact copies being made currently, unless someone has another source?
Peter B.

nikbj68

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 15:33:56 »
Yo. Hope it`s not too late but I just found these on eBay(UK) for £125 & postage,
   but no International shipping price quoted:(Click on pic)

I suspect it`s actually Orson`s own eBay outlet,
   as it looks like they also sell Robin`s 'Patented' Hub pullers too...

pjbowman

• View Profile
wire wheel nuts
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 00:14:53 »
Yea, that's the same picture that Orson emailed me!
Peter B.