Author Topic: Aceca door locks  (Read 3337 times)

Vincent998

• View Profile
Aceca door locks
« on: March 21, 2020, 17:43:41 »
Hi All:

My Aceca (AEX 531) has no door locks. I have been told that they were the same as MGA OTS and also MGA coupe locks. The two locks are different. Can anyone tell me which I need? And, can anyone send me or post a picture of the door with the door cards removed so I can see exactly how the locks are fitted?

Thanks!
David

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Re: Aceca door locks
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 12:22:01 »
David,
looking at this page and picture I am quite sure that the parts are used in MGA coupe: https://www.angloparts.com/en/catalogues/group/4305/mga-trim-door-fittings-coupe?page=3#_
Peter

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 13:43:06 »
David

Please confirm your email address and I will post you a Picture of the internal mechanism of the Aceca Door. 

Keith
Keith dot Lessiter @ gmail dot com

Vincent998

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 18:26:23 »
grybrd123@yahoo.com

Thanks!
David

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 10:11:45 »
David

Three pictures emailed to you,  showing internal door mechanism and construction , ( BE639, AEX674 & AEX561) Hopefully they help answer your question/s,
regards the restoration of your Aceca AEX531.
A quick thank you to Mike Mansergh for  assisting in supplying detailed photo.
Keith

ctpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 15:19:08 »
David; yes they re MGA coupe but NLA even from the various MG spares people ( please let me know if you find someone!). striker plates are sometimes available. I have been talking to one supplier who said they are thinking of providing a repair kit (presumably the 'star wheel' and axle) but I have not heard from them recently and this would not be sufficient for you anyway. But I will chase them. chris