Author Topic: Bristol badge on Ace  (Read 3378 times)

Bob King

• View Profile
Bristol badge on Ace
« on: June 23, 2019, 04:41:22 »
Can anyone tell me where I can get the curved Bristol badge that goes under the AC badge on BE 1176?

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Re: Bristol badge on Ace
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 13:53:16 »
Bob,
Did '1176 have the badges originally ? Some cars did not and some only had them on one end or the other. Hard to be certain after all these years, but if you can find any period photographs they might be informative. I wonder if any one has any idea of how many Ace Bristols actually carried the extra suffix ? My guess is that most did....
Finding a badge will be hard, although I have seen spare unplated brass badges over the years. Maybe this would be a good project for someone to research and one that could garner support. How difficult would production be ?
Barrie

Bob King

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 02:29:33 »
Thanks Barrie. Mine did, but has been lost by the previous owner. I am told someone in USA can make badges.

James Eastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 21:37:23 »
I would imagine we must be fairly close to be able to cost effectively print them in alluminium for classic car guys.

We have two printers at work. One did the intake manifold on Ken Blocks Hooligan truck. Sadly I have no close friends in that area and the machines run every shift that's funded with a 2 to 3 week back log.

The parts from these machines are as good as castings. It's going to be a big help for rare and low volume parts once the costs drop.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:42:42 »
Can anyone tell me where I can get the curved Bristol badge that goes under the AC badge on BE 1176?

Bob

I have a few new Bristol Scrolls, good quality,  accurate copy , Two versions available both same radius , font and dimensions, but with  either
1 and 7/16th stud centre fixing or  1 and 9/16th stud centre fixing.

Not sure why or when change took place  at Thames Ditton, But having measured 8 or so original examples  can confirm  there were definitely two
different version of  stud fixing centres.   If fitting to  original panels, Measure carefully  and Confirm  hole centres before  placing order. if new panels
then either Bristol Scroll  will suffice.

Keith.lessiter  at gmail dot com

Cheers for Now
Keith.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:48:07 by AC Ace Bristol »

248jc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 12:37:59 »
I have a friend that has a pair of badges for sale. but they do not have the Bristol script. if you want I can contact him.
Jim

Salmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 12:09:05 »
Hi Jim,

I’d be interested in buying them if they’re still available.

Thanks - Chris