Author Topic: MKIV radio cover plate  (Read 2745 times)

AK1131

• View Profile
MKIV radio cover plate
« on: October 05, 2006, 18:10:30 »
Hello all,

I am on the hunt for the radio cover plate for my MKIV. I never listen to the old radio in the car and want to remove it and cover the hole. The car is being shown in the Hilton Head Island Concours de Elegance November 5 and originality is important. I contacted AC and John Owens did not have any. He has helped me in the past with original equipment. My car has a blue interior but a cover that is a different color could be changed.
   Please reply.

Mark IV

• View Profile
MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 18:19:34 »
Gee,
   Guess what I have in my toolbox? A MK IV radio cover complete with "AUTOKRAFT" emblem! It is tan leather but can be dyed or recovered. Contact me at rcmuck@adelphia.net

Rick

jbottini

• View Profile
MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 15:03:52 »
rick, if he doesn't take it I will

MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 01:55:58 »
Can I ask what was the stock radio that came in these cars ??? I think I have a stock Ford Radio in there now.

Ron

AK1131

• View Profile
MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 14:43:48 »
I think It is a Jensen cassette. It sounds OK but The car sound better. When I was 17 I bought a 62 Morgan drophead coupe. No radio when radios were really in. The car was the music. I drove with the top down year round. I though I was way to cool.

Rick, don't give my radio cover to jbottini. I've got first dibs.

AK1131

Mark IV

• View Profile
MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 16:19:41 »
The Mark IVs did not have a factory radio. Autokraft did not install radios in US bound cars as the band frequencys are different than the UK and it was too much trouble to get the units. Radios were dealer or customer installed. All cars came with two speakers and the power antenna.

Rick

MKIV radio cover plate
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 17:13:03 »
Thanks Rick  ... so if my car was ordered thrua  Ford Dealer its possible the Ford radio was added there ???

The Name on my OWNERS HANDBOOK is E. Roger WIlliams .. for Car # AK1234 ... so no one has info on the originations of these cars ..

Thanks,

Ron