Author Topic: Another Ebay Mystery car  (Read 10660 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
Another Ebay Mystery car
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:07:21 »
Check ebay in US for "AC Cars England Ruddspeed Ace or Cobra Body and Frame". Buy it now price of $25Kusd and another $10 K if you want it authenicated. Looks like a partial build for somebody

Mark IV

• View Profile
Another Ebay Mystery car
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:56:32 »
Methinks this was the "plug" for the moulds to be done in Ct. at the "New AC Cars factory" before the Governor got wind of the recent history of AC and failed to write the check to A.L. The "partner" that was to do the fiberglass/carbon fiber work in Ct. may have ended up with this. And 10K to "authenticate"......be sure you have the documents in one hand before you let the check go from the other. I shudder to think who is issuing the "documents" and what else he might "authenticate" for 10 large.....................[:D]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Another Ebay Mystery car
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:30 »

((CLICK PIC FOR AUCTION LINK)
   I`ve seen this at least twice before on eBay, but can`t recall if it`s the same seller.
   I also don`t recall the 'authentication' deal before! Quote: "...The winner of this auction has the option to obtain a Ruddspeed Chassis Plate and Certificate of Authenticity from AC Cars Ltd at a cost of $10k from AC Cars Ltd..."
   I thought AC Cars Ltd ceased to exist under that name with the move to(or was that from?) Frimley.
   I wonder if I could get a CSX number on my Passat for $10k???!![:0]

jbottini

• View Profile
Another Ebay Mystery car
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 18:50:05 »
Perhaps the buyer of the $120K CSX6000 might want this one (the Ruddspeed)  for spares especially as he can obtain a "certificate of authenticity" or what ever....... who would ever know which car it was attached to and there would be mystery galore!!!!

aaron

• View Profile
Another Ebay Mystery car
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 22:41:32 »
Nick , if you send me a cheque for 10k , I will send you a CSX chassis No by return,then you can contact VW for a certificate of authenticity !!

You could tell people that you car was built on one of the spare chassis that Shelby found in a field [:)]