Author Topic: Aceca vin number? Aceca for sale  (Read 10141 times)

Heyitsderek

• View Profile
Aceca vin number? Aceca for sale
« on: January 09, 2020, 23:00:24 »
I’ve got an Aceca project that I have been having a difficult time identifying. I can’t seem to much in the way of identifying numbers on the car except for 526 stamped inside a door near the hinges. I’m assuming that would be it’s an Aex 526 or bex 526? If so where could I find more build information on the car? It’s located in Los Angeles and I was going to sell it as well if anyone’s interested. It’s a LHD car and a lot of work had been done to make it a V8

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
Re: Aceca vin number? Aceca for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 02:51:38 »
Hi Derek!
As just discussed i am very interested and hopefully we can find an agreement!
Best,
Eddie

Heyitsderek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:46:52 »

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 12:34:17 »
Looking at the eBay advert something’s odd. The Aceca AE526 carried reg SOC1 and was found along with a ace and greyhound in a Tripple garage. ( thread on this  site somewhere)
 It was blue as I recall , but was low miles and barn find state.

Unless this is the result of a brutal restructuring / attempted restoration of same car (exported/  Lhd conversion/ v8 ready).
The AE526 registration SOC1 is now on a different car.

Also looking at door stamping on eBay photo the 6 is marked out and a 7 pin punched in? Also dash is lhd which 526 was not.
So not sure what actual this car is?
Graham
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:44:00 by Flyinghorse »

DHAceca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 18:10:25 »
you are correct that AE526 was found as a barn find in the UK and it is registered in the UK and undergoing a full nut and bolt restoration

Heyitsderek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 23:56:12 »
Ill be at the car warehouse again tomorrow to try to find some other numbers. I have tried in the past with no success.

Just to confuse things more if you look at the photo that shows the top of the driver door this car used to be blue at one point.

AE 526 please correct me if I am wrong was supposed to originally be green?

If there is someone who could point me in the direction of some site or page that shows photos of where all the vin numbers could be found on the car it could be helpful and appreciated

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 02:21:25 »
If you join the club then you are able to download the registers

Jam2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 06:27:44 »
Do I recall correctly that the chassis number was often stamped on the hatch back lock (the bit that engages with the body)?

DHAceca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 10:02:44 »
I can assure you the car you are looking at is NOT AE526 and you are correct AE 526 is green. It is still right hand drive and safely undergoing restoration in the UK

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:56 »

Chassis number on Ace and Aceca, found on Door hinges, Boot hinge, bonnet hinges and Tail gate hinge. and Engine mount ( which obviously has long been lost along with Chassis Plate.
Often  Chassis number also  found written on reverse of Dash and  underside of seat tub.
As stated earlier, AE526  is secure in UK and undergoing full restoration.

For more details , Join the ACOC  ( On Line ) and contact the AC Aceca registrar .

Keith
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:14:23 by AC Ace Bristol »

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 08:40:49 »
Does AE527 still exist- could it be this car?
Why would the door plate be stamped with the 6 changed to the 7. To early to be a Bristol aceca though if number is lower than 571.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 17:24:55 »
Flying Horse.

Yes. AE527 does exist, I have  various photos  dating from the 1982 through to 2017 substantiating the condition  / existence of AE527.
!'m not a Aceca man, So best refer to ..  ..  ..  " Marc Atkinson" our AC Aceca Registrar .

Keith 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 17:38:39 by AC Ace Bristol »

Heyitsderek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 01:07:04 »
Are all the numbers on the car supposed to match chassis numbers?

Every location have the same number?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 08:28:54 »
Derek

Each AC was hand built in Aluminium , as there were multiple bucks The chassis  number would be stamped on each major component in order to ensure
doors, boot, bonnet and tailgate followed body contours, alignment and  correct fit.
Dimensions are similar but not necessarily the same, hence they are not always interchangeable.

I have found that If you look closely at Aces. Aceca's and Greyhounds even the nearside  is not a 100% mirror image of the offside. AC's are individual hand built cars, not mass produced like Jaguars or Austin Healeys.   

Keith

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 14:16:44 »
How about the AC engine number? The last 2 digits (91) are visible in one picture. I am surprised there is even an AC engine present if the plan was to build it with a V8. Even if it is not the original engine to the car (in which case it would lead to the actual VIN of the car) it could possibly still provide a lead to its identity.

Jerry