Author Topic: Radiator Top Hose  (Read 4025 times)

DGoose

• View Profile
Radiator Top Hose
« on: January 09, 2020, 11:26:22 »
Happy New Year to all.

DE1017 had a top hose fail this morning, an easy fix if only I could find the part !

Assumed mustang but nothing of similar appearance comes up on UK or USA searches so I'm thinking this may be a bespoke item or from another marque that I can't identify.
Only reference on the pipe is a very faint series of numbers 32 952 X 94 38 2 which on a google search brings up nothing of relevance.

If anybody has a spare or knows where it came from I'd appreciate it, if not I'll look to get a couple made or maybe more if any of you guys would like a spare.

Best regards,

David

David S

• View Profile
Re: Radiator Top Hose
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:46:08 »
Hi David,

had a look at my Ace and the top hose does not have second hose going towards the coolant reservoir, so not able to help.

Did have a look at a few Mustang and Ford web sites but did not see a top hose that looked the same as yours

David S

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 19:52:29 »
Hi Dave,
I've also looked at mine. Its the same shape with two hoses, the smaller going to the expansion tank. The expansion tank is from a Ford Scorpio (95-97),
though the radiator hose looks similar its not the right shape/dimension. See https://en.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&searchmode=1&vc1=136&pc1=118&vc[0]=136171100&vcx=2472&pc[0]=118102105&post_id=21829354

The main hose has the following code (I think) 30 952 X 95/ or 951 16 A1 followed by a stylised "D" (for Dunlop?)
The smaller hose has 10 201 Y 95 11 A3, followed by a stylised "D". I think these codes refer to the two hoses manufacture batch and date,
not to a part number as such.

My conclusion is its probably specially made. I've browsed through the forum and found a couple of firms mentioned, one in the UK is http://www.classicsiliconehoses.com
though I'd be inclined to make up a hose myself with an aluminium "T" hose joiner.
BR /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 17:34:41 »
Thanks David, Thanks Paho,

I'll look to get a couple made up and keep a spare should anybody need it.

Max (Allan)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 22:51:04 »
Hi David. Have you had a quote for the hose? I have the same style top hose so might be prudent to have a spare if price is reasonable.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:23:27 »
Hi Max,

I'll post prices when available, makes sense to get a few made up as the originals will all fail at sometime.

Regards,

David

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 16:06:23 »
I shall look at mine, but would be interested to have a spare if the right one (1995 car)

ACECA-ACE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 12:54:49 »
Hi All,

Sorry I have been out for a few years, back now. The top hose is a special design for Ace Brooklands. I believe Neil Fisher is getting some made when I went over, will email him and ask if he has any stock. If not I know a company that will make a black silcone hose for us.

Looking at mine it is not great, the rest are standard mustang pipes. I need to check, but one other hose may be special the ace.

Thanks

John