Author Topic: Greyhound boot emblem & steering wheel  (Read 2709 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Greyhound boot emblem & steering wheel
« on: December 21, 2008, 06:28:39 »
I'm currently rebuilding an AC greyhound BEX 2579 (Currently running a ford 260ci C2OE engine) to get it on the road / track for next years 50th but i'm missing the boot AC emblem and need to replace a stolen steering wheel.
   The dash is shot as well and needs to be replaced.
   Any pointers would be appreciated in original parts or replicas

Larry

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 16:30:54 »
Larry,
   Not sure where you are, but here are some potential sources for a couple of things.
   If the emblem is the same as the Aces, try here;
   https://www.europaspares.com/COBRA_SPARES/COBRA_SPARES/AC_CONVEXED_BADGE___CS272__4074.html
   For the steering wheel, Moto-lita is still making wheels and you can check their web site. On the US side of the pond, Finishline accesories carries Moto-lita and their own version which is much cheaper. I am not sure if the Greyhound column is the same as the Ace, but if it is, Big Healey steering wheels and hubs for adjustable cars fit, and hubs for Moto-Lita are available at Moss Motors. Ron Leonard in Durango, Colorado (Sport and GT) carries new Healey wheels and hubs for approx $350.
   Jay

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 16:59:34 »
Larry,
   I just went and checked a Greyhound picture and it looks like the boot emblem is the other larger style. Finishline carries those emblems
   http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=131
   Jay

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:00 »
Thanks Jay your help much appreciated

Larry