Author Topic: ACE & ACECA BRISTOL TOOL BOARD  (Read 17595 times)

geoff leigh

• View Profile
ACE & ACECA BRISTOL TOOL BOARD
« on: December 04, 2008, 21:11:38 »
Iam thinking of having a batch of tool boards made up for the Bristol engined ACE& ACECA, , they will work out at about £65 sterling each ( no tools included).Is any body interested ?
   Regards,
   Geoff

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:58 »
No response yet, I bit disappointing since it's a nice initiative.
   I'm sure the proposed tool board would fit an Ace as well as an Aceca but regarding originality, isn't it so that the board was only fitted to the Aceca from new, the Ace having a tool roll instead of the tool board?

Jerry

geoff leigh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 20:29:26 »
Not sure about the Ace having a tool roll, I know for certain that the Greyhound had a tool tray fitted, although mine had a cut out for the plug spanner which the Aceca does not have.
   The tool tray will be an exact replica,of a 58 Aceca Bristol  and I only need a few more owners to reserve one, then I will place an order, (minimum batch)
   It was a bit like this when I needed a rear screen for the Aceca in the end I ended up having those made, and sold quite a few to members of the acoc and also have a nice clear one in my own car.
   Geoff

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 21:14:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by geoff leigh

Not sure about the Ace having a tool roll, I know for certain that the Greyhound had a tool tray fitted, although mine had a cut out for the plug spanner which the Aceca does not have.
   The tool tray will be an exact replica,of a 58 Aceca Bristol  and I only need a few more owners to reserve one, then I will place an order, (minimum batch)
   It was a bit like this when I needed a rear screen for the Aceca in the end I ended up having those made, and sold quite a few to members of the acoc and also have a nice clear one in my own car.
   Geoff

Geoff

A few years back Ron Leonard was selling Tool trays exact copies of origonal as fitted to AC Aceca /  Aceca bristol  and could be employed in spare wheel of Greyhound.

Part number   TOO 001 for tray (Bristol)
   Part number   TOO 002 for tray  ( AC)

Replica Tools also available  .......

If my memory serves me well, I put these details on the Forum many moons ago.

Dare say as Leonard has had these made before he could order another batch. To cater for the Us & European market ..... Which could save time and money.

Mind you with the value of the £ against the $ and Euro it could be cheaper in the UK.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 00:03:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by geoff leigh

Geoff

Geoff

A few years back Ron Leonard was selling Tool trays exact copies of origonal as fitted to AC Aceca /  Aceca bristol  and could be employed in spare wheel of Greyhound.

Part number   TOO 001 for tray (Bristol)
   Part number   TOO 002 for tray  ( AC)

Replica Tools also available  .......

If my memory serves me well, I put these details on the Forum many moons ago.

Dare say as Leonard has had these made before he could order another batch. To cater for the Us & European market ..... Which could save time and money.

Mind you with the value of the £ against the $ and Euro it could be cheaper in the UK.

Keith

Geoff

Spent a few minutes scrolling through the Ace/Aceca Forum. And found the thread relating to Tool Boards....  The Old Grey Cells are still working, just a little slower.

Back on 14th January 2008 under the title "ACECA TOOL BOARD" you might find the info and contacts usefull reference repro boards & Tools  and / or a few contacts who may just help make up the numbers to make it viable to produce small batch run.

Good Luck.

Keith

geoff leigh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 19:07:49 »
Keith
   Thanks for the info.
   I will see what happens.
   Geoff.

AE 501

• View Profile
Re: ACE & ACECA BRISTOL TOOL BOARD
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 09:52:35 »
Hi Geoff,

what happened in the meantime? Did you reproduce the trays? And is it possible to buy on efor my Aceca?

Thanks a lot

Chris

ctpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 16:38:30 »
I would be up for one.
Chris (BE588)

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 03:55:12 »
I too would be interested for my AC  Aceca. AEX 559

Jim

Coalboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 13:12:55 »
Also interested though for an AC engined aceca

Nigel

AE 501

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:07 »
Hmmm, seems to be a closed theme. No member with a useful hint?

I'll try to make one from two pieces of wood, one with the holes for the tools; the other without. Glewing together should give something nearly original.

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 05:02:52 »
I made a tool board several years ago for my AC engined Aceca and have the pieces to make a second one.  The cut outs are made for the original tools which I was able to source on Ebay over a period of months.  Obviously some finishing is required but it was a fun project.  I don't have any plans to make another one so if someone is interested, please contact me through the website.  I live in the U.S so shipping to someone on this side of the pond might be less cumbersome.

Thanks,
Greg

AK1161

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 06:31:32 »
I have an original drawing for a tool board which came in a job lot of spares, and would be happy to email a copy of it to whoever is interested.
I will try to post a photo of it later today but email may be more accurate.
Regards, Luke.

AE 501

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 10:44:02 »
So great Luke!

Please send me an email to:  gies@berosafe.de

Thanks a lot!

Chris

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 13:57:57 »
Great offer.
Please send an email to talbot.forbes@gmail.com.

I have an AC engined Aceca and am missing this part.

Thanks       Jim