Author Topic: ID of Ace #40 Le Mans Classic  (Read 5559 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ID of Ace #40 Le Mans Classic
« on: August 03, 2008, 19:09:07 »
Can anyone confirm the Chassis number of the Blue Ace Bristol Car No 40, running in Plateau 3.......Piloted by :-

FRANSSEN Leon & FEIERABEND Thomas. ??

Did anyone capture the racing incident when FEIERABENDs' Ace No 40 attacked the rear nearside wing of Bertrand Lesuers' Ace number 39, at approximately 4.00 am. on the Mulsanne straight prior to Chicane? Resulting in Bertrand loosing his Nearside rear wing and rear light.

Better still, Did anyone capture on film the moment when FEIERABEND returned to the pits with Bertrands' rear wing and light still attached to the front of his Ace ??

Any information much appreciated

Keith

(Posted on Keith's behalf)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:22:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by administrator

Can anyone confirm the Chassis number of the Blue Ace Bristol Car No 40, running in Plateau 3.......Piloted by :-

FRANSSEN Leon & FEIERABEND Thomas. ??

Did anyone capture the racing incident when FEIERABENDs' Ace No 40 attacked the rear nearside wing of Bertrand Lesuers' Ace number 39, at approximately 4.00 am. on the Mulsanne straight prior to Chicane? Resulting in Bertrand loosing his Nearside rear wing and rear light.

Better still, Did anyone capture on film the moment when FEIERABEND returned to the pits with Bertrands' rear wing and light still attached to the front of his Ace ??

Any information much appreciated

Keith

(Posted on Keith's behalf)

Many thanks to all those who emailed me direct with ID of Car no 40

BEX338   only 5 chassis numbers away from my BEX333

Have passed details onto Tony Bancroft and others who keep record of various Ace Bristol & AC engined Aces.

Always after details on 1950s and 1960s Ace Racing data, especially confirming Chassis Numbers to period photos,  have large collection from USA  some confirming Driver others with licence plate numbers but cannot cross reference.  The ACOC Ace registrars need more information to help complete accurate History file/s on each Ace.

Any info gratefully received by Tim Isles (AC Ace).... Tony Bancroft (Ace Bristol) and all Aces for my record:-

Keith dot Lessiter at Faac dot co dot uk

Cheers

Keith

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 17:00:16 »
Just today I saw an article on the Le Mans classic in one of the Dutch classic car magazines. My eye was drawn to a picture of the Ace Bristol of Leon Franssen (#40) having some foreign part attached to it.
   The capture read something like the car picked up a piece of body of another contestant. It didn't say the piece was from a similar car. However the rear light of an Ace was clearly visible hanging on this body piece. So much for evidence.
   If you're interested I will buy the magazine and scan the picture.
   I was surprised not being able to see any damage to the blue Ace.

Jerry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by bex316

Just today I saw an article on the Le Mans classic in one of the Dutch classic car magazines. My eye was drawn to a picture of the Ace Bristol of Leon Franssen (#40) having some foreign part attached to it.
   The capture read something like the car picked up a piece of body of another contestant. It didn't say the piece was from a similar car. However the rear light of an Ace was clearly visible hanging on this body piece. So much for evidence.
   If you're interested I will buy the magazine and scan the picture.
   I was surprised not being able to see any damage to the blue Ace.

Jerry

Jerry

Better Still,  Could you send me a copy of the Magazine / paper, It would make a great surprise  present for Bertrand Lesuer who owned the attachment prior to loosing it on the Mulsanne Straight on approach to Chicane.

Will be seeing Bertrand Lesuer and many others from ACOC France and ACOC UK at Goodwood Revival in September.

Any cost incourred I will reimburse in Euro by return......

You have my Address from previous correspodance.  or simple take it from any Action Magazine dated 2002 to Dec 2008.

Cheers 4 Now

Keith

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 22:11:10 »
Bertrand Lesuer's Ace after the incident:

(Posted on behalf of Keith Lessiter).

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 08:17:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Will be seeing Bertrand Lesuer and many others from ACOC France and ACOC UK at Goodwood Revival in September.

Any cost incourred I will reimburse in Euro by return......

You have my Address from previous correspodance.  or simple take it from any Action Magazine dated 2002 to Dec 2008.

Cheers 4 Now

Keith

Hi Keith,
   I send a link to you by private mail with two pictures after the incident, showing the piece of Bertrand's car hooked up on the bumper of Ace # 40.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
   Constant

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 09:08:24 »
I`m sure we`d all like to see them if poss, Keith?

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 15:56:49 »
Here you go........

With thanks and acknowledgements to http://hendrix74.free.fr/lemans/

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 22:16:37 »
Another one from Keith.....

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:06:39 »
There must be easier ways to check the downspout to the fueltank!!!
   Shame about the damage, but thanks for the pics....

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 17:28:47 »
quote:

Another one from Keith.....

Bryan & Constant

Thank you for downloading the three pictures received via me from  Constant Wagner.  Thank you to Jerry Van Kalleveen who also responded with pictures in answer to my request and pictures of the other AC Aces participating in  Plateau 2 and 3.

Have forward on these pics of various ACs to there respective Pilots.

Well done to all the Ace & Cobra Pilots for representing the AC marque at this years LeMans Classic.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 14:11:08 »
quote:

Here you go........

Hi to all have followed this thread so far.

Bertrand Leseur has contacted me and confirms he has video footage from his onboard cameras ( yes, Two ) of all three  Pateau 3 races including the comming together of his Ace with that of Franssen / Feierabends' Ace approaching 2nd Chicane on the Mulsane Straight.

Have arranged to collect copy of DVd from Bertrand when we meet at Goodwood Revival on Sunday 21st September, then all going well will get Bryan Moseley to download a Lap or two plus incident and paddock footage... say  6 or 7 mins DVD on the Forum .

Will discuss further  with Bryan when I see him on the ACOC International in the  Bavarian Forest.( 8th to 15th September )

If it is  not possible to show on our website , maybe some one out there could download it and link it to our Forum.

Watch this space, early October  ...  in the meantime Enjoy your ACs.

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 19:25:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

quote:

Here you go........

Hi to all have followed this thread so far.

Bertrand Leseur has contacted me and confirms he has video footage from his onboard cameras ( yes, Two ) of all three  Pateau 3 races including the comming together of his Ace with that of Franssen / Feierabends' Ace approaching 2nd Chicane on the Mulsane Straight.

Have arranged to collect copy of DVd from Bertrand when we meet at Goodwood Revival on Sunday 21st September, then all going well will get Bryan Moseley to download a Lap or two plus incident and paddock footage... say  6 or 7 mins DVD on the Forum .

Will discuss further  with Bryan when I see him on the ACOC International in the  Bavarian Forest.( 8th to 15th September )

If it is  not possible to show on our website , maybe some one out there could download it and link it to our Forum.

Watch this space, early October  ...  in the meantime Enjoy your ACs.

Keith

Hi to all the Ace Racing Fans who followed this thread  .......

Due to various technical difficulties it has taken a bit longer than anticipated to convert the DVD and publish the the incident that was caught briefly from the onboard Cameras in Bertrand Leseurs ACE BEX1205.

Ten minute video to complement the initial thread.as promised.

Keith / Bertrand / Loui and Christian.

Keith