Author Topic: Hoods and hoops  (Read 2492 times)

James Eastwood

• View Profile
Hoods and hoops
« on: October 25, 2019, 16:23:44 »
Well hoods and roll-hoops to be precise;

I will be having a single roll hoop with removable diagonal fitted by Andy Robinson Race Cars (deposit paid some time ago).

I'm in the process of setting the height for the roll hoop, and I'm conscious that ideally it needs to fit under the hood. Assuming that roll hoop needs to be about 50mm higher than the top of the helmet, it's not possible to get hoop inside the hood profile.

I tried removing the seat cushion, as many racers choose to do, and I can then get the roll hoop, with 50mm clearance to fit inside the hood profile.

Has any one else been through this process?

James

AEX146

• View Profile
Re: Hoods and hoops
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 18:26:34 »
James,
Are you planning to have the roll bar permanently in position? I have a removable roll bar on AEX146. It doesn’t fit under the hood but my intention is to use it only for things like the Sprint. If it’s helpful I can send you a couple of photos and a description of how it’s fitted.

Regards,
Ben Morgan

Norman

• View Profile
Re: Hoods and hoops
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 19:33:36 »
My 2.6 Ace had a bolt-on factory roll bar from new, and it just fitted under the hood. Whether it would actually have done anything useful in an accident I am not sure, but fortunately I have never put it to the test! Long may that continue.