Author Topic: Very rough Aceca project for sale  (Read 2431 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Very rough Aceca project for sale
« on: November 21, 2008, 00:20:23 »
I know of a very rough Aceca project car for sale, if anyone is interested. The car literally needs everything done to it, but does appear to be mostly complete and unmodified.I have not seen the car in person, only pictures. I also understand there is rot in at least one of the main chassis rails, so will require sleeving and welding. If anyone is interested, I have a few pictures that were sent to me. Contact me at peter@classic-motors-online.com and I can pass along the sellers info. I have no stake in the car, would like to see it go to a good club members home. It's beyond my pain threshold.

And brace yourself, asking price is $35K US, but I know the owner is open to offers. I couldn't even guess what the car is worth in its current state.

Any brave souls out there? Jay, seems right up your alley...
Peter B.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:05:36 »
Peter,
   Is there enough of the back area in place that I could use for a bed, because if I did bring another project home, I would have to sleep in until (or if) my wife got over it. It does sound like an interesting project, but I'll think I'll have to pass. Just out of curiosty, what engine does it have.
   Jay

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 13:41:57 »
Jay, it's got the AC engine. And who says your wife has to even know about it??? You could always tell her it just followed you home one day...[:D]

Peter
Peter B.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:35:21 »
Peter,
   Even though I live on few acres, the wife always seem to find the hiding spots. With multiple cars, a couple of ATVs, trailer, tractor etc, it is becoming more difficult to hide things [;)] Actually she has never really said much about my cars (been very good about that), but I'd like to keep it that way.
   With an AC engine, it does sound like a princely sum from what you described, but I guess ACs just keep climbing. If I didn't have 1078 filling up the shop it would be very tempting.
   Jay