Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2020  (Read 4338 times)

shep

• View Profile
Le Mans Classic 2020
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:04:56 »
Le Mans Classic  2,3,4,5,6 July 2020.

I am booking ferries for next year's ACOC trip to the Lemans Classic from Thursday 2nd to Monday 6th July 2020, and would like to see how much interest there is within the Club.

The standard package normally includes the following:

1,  Overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, on the Thursday night with a twin cabin,
2, Accommodation 3 nights at either of our 2 exclusive ACOC Chateaux, La Vagotiere and Le Grand Gaigne which are about 25 minutes drive from the circuit,
3, Entry tickets to Le Mans circuit with a Car Pass and designated ACOC Parking inside the circuit close to the Dunlop Bridge.
4, Grandstand tickets with allocated seats, again close to the Dunlop Bridge.
5, Return ferry ticket from Caen to Portsmouth on Monday afternoon.

As in previous years Accommodation bills are settled direct with the Chateaux. The ferries and circuit tickets need to be paid for one month before departure. To confirm bookings the ACOC will require a £120 per head deposit. At this stage it will be possible to alter ferry tickets to suit anyone who wishes to travel earlier or return later. However once I have made the booking, it will be difficult and costly to alter the standard package above.

Prices currently unconfirmed but likely to be circa,

Ferries with twin cabin on the outward journey with standard return, have previously been around £450 per couple with car.
            The Chateaux are block booked, and average out between £400 and £500 per head.
            Circuit tickets have previously been around the £120 per head.

Please email or message me if you would like to be on the list.

Kindest regards,

Andy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:50:17 by shep »

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Re: Le Mans Classic 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 18:16:19 »
Hi Andy

I looked up prices for both Eurotunnel and DFDS Newhaven/Dieppe when I was considering taking the Le Mans trip arrangements on, you might like to know that the costs are for anyone wanting to do their own thing or seek travel options:

Eurotunnel approx £165  return.

DFDS from £107 to £170 (2 people and car) depending on ferry time. Cabins from £24 each way, only a 4 hour crossing. Also Dieppe not much further away than Le Havre  (approx 50km).

It is a shame that the club are not offering options for crossing the channel.

Anyone, going I will see you there  as I am making my own arrangements due to the lack of flexibility within the club.

Crossing, apartment some 15mins from circuit, and Le Mans tickets, tolls,  £420-450. Plus meals in some nice restaurants.

Cheers  and good luck  Gary.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 18:18:45 by GSouthee »
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:42 »
Hi Gary,

Lovely to hear from you again. If you read my post above, you will see that members can vary the booking, provided they do it soon, before I book ferry tickets. That said, I organised the 1999 ACOC 60th Anniversary International. Many people wanted to dip in and out of the event, and go to one part but not another. I devised a form of "menu pricing" where members could pick and choose. It was a nightmare! The administration was bad enough, but there was a constant flow of amendments as people changed their minds, and several people turned up to parts they had not booked or paid for. I said at the time, never again, so I am trying to get a package together which suits the majority, but is manageable for the organiser. As you do not require the main elements ie ferry and chateau I suggest you book separately and we can meet up at the circuit.

All the best,

Andy.

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 10:45:09 »
Hi Andy and good to hear from you as well.

I have already arranged my crossing and accommodation  as in my post. 

However I know the club has to get a minimum amount of tickets to qualify for the dedicated space. To that end I would be happy to purchase the full Le-Mans ticket package via the club if it helps get to the required minimum. Please let me know by beginning of November when the online package purchasing goes live other wise I will get a individual package.

Good luck with the organisation, I was only offering option s for members that may want to travel via a different route and make it open to more members who may not want the formal part of the trip or are not so well off as some. :D especially with the international out there as well this year.

I have opted for the DFDS route this year and although I do not do bobbing about on the water, I thought at my age I should just try it, what can happen in 4 hours, that half a dozen sick bags and water wings can't deal with. :-\

Cheers  Gary

My car my rules.

Clive Austin

• AK1318 AC MKIV 7 litre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 18:03:23 »
I have only just bought my car so can only now respond. If not too late, I would be very interested in a club trip but probably needing to travel Friday eve rather than Thursday.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 18:05:07 by clivej.austin@gmail.com »
Clive Austin

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 15:32:05 »
Thanks Clive, I have you on the list to go out on Friday night, which makes 6 cars and 16 people so far as a couple will be in France already. I have provisionally booked 20 spaces on the ferries each way with Cabins on the way out. It will be a night sailing on Thursday 2nd July 2020 from Portsmouth to Caen, and the return Caen to Portsmouth on Monday 6th July 2020 at 16.30. Anyone interested in joining the group, please let me know, and nice cars are acceptable if your AC is not available!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 18:17:39 by shep »

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 12:03:21 »
Hi Mike,

Looks like a decent contingent is building up, be nice to see them all at Le Mans.

Hope all goes well.

Gary

ps what is a nice car?

My car my rules.

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 08:45:00 »
Hi Gary, in previous years we have welcomed all kinds of nice cars on our trip, Morgans, E Types, Astons etc. Nice is something which looks OK with our ACs.

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 13:04:04 »
Hi Andy

My apologies for calling you Mike, dealing with another Email as well, he got called Andy. Senior moment.

Just checking as my son is thinking of going, however, he has a rat GMC pickup with a big block.

I will get in touch if he decides to come.

Cheers  Gary

My car my rules.