Author Topic: Aceca project car for sale in western US - July 2021  (Read 1892 times)

AEX_Weller

• View Profile
Aceca project car for sale in western US - July 2021
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:25:27 »
Hello all,

It is with regret that I announce to you that I'll be selling AEX725 in the near future due to a downsizing house move. 

The car is a project needing full restoration, and does not include engine or transmission/gearbox.  At one point in its history, it was converted to Buick 215 V8 power, with some cuts to engine mounts and firewall/bulkhead (but not frame).  Currently it is engineless, painted flat black over its original silver, and still has the remains of its original red interior.

It's going up on the Bring-a-Trailer site at the recommendation of some friends at the end of the month, but I wanted to give notice to those who may be interested.

Thanks for the many years I have spent (mostly lurking) on this forum!

Yours,
"AEX725"

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Re: Aceca project car for sale in western US - July 2021
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 09:12:56 »
Uh, I still have a Ford 2.6 engine in pieces in my garage and a Volvo M41 transmission with OD. Must stop thinking about the possibilities ...  :o

AEX_Weller

• View Profile
Re: Aceca project car for sale in western US - now August 2021
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 19:07:35 »
Hello again,

This is just a quick heads-up that my project Aceca (AEX725) will be going up for auction in the next couple of days-- in case you know anyone who is looking!

Watch for it on Bringatrailer.com.  Fingers crossed it will go to an enthusiast who will restore it back to its original beauty.

Thanks,
"AEX725"

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 09:27:35 »
I think here it is: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-ac-aceca-2/
Thank you for the kind words about my work. I had to search the internet for the meaning of "helluva"  :)

AEX_Weller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 17:02:44 »
I had to search the internet for the meaning of "helluva"  :)

I should be careful using idiomatic expressions on the internet.  In this case it was meant positively, as I hope was clear, and I hope you don't mind that I referred to your helpful thread on this forum.   :)