Author Topic: I hit the AC / autokraft Jackpot !!  (Read 3016 times)

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
I hit the AC / autokraft Jackpot !!
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:31:57 »
Cool story,
     Today I receive a package from the seller of my MKIV,I open it to find a huge folder full of paper work, specifically:
   1.) Original Autokraft invoice / copy of MSO / dealer invoices
   2.) Order sheets from Frontier Ford (dealer who sold the car)
   3.) Typed letters between Brian Angliss and the car's former owner, covering everything form the car's configuration to the former owner discussing gas guzzler taxes with Brian
   4.) 5 years worth of Christmas cards !! from Brian, signed, one has  a cool Hawker Hurricane on it (WWII aircraft, which I'm also into)
   5.) Notes scribbled on Autokraft stationary from Paul Downing
   6.) Original Autokraft color brochures
   7.) A cool diagram from AC on how to take off the airpump and re-configure the alternator / belts to do this
   8.) Misc. receipts for things like the wood shift knob and extra rear rims to fit the knockoffs..

Anyway, just real cool stuff like going back in time, that must of been a fun time (would you agree Rick??)  I am so happy to have this documentation, I can't describe it...I love this car more and more every day.

Jan

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 14:57:24 »
JAn,
   I only got Christmas Cards from Brian and Christine for three years and I bought DOZENS of cars from him! Good stash of stuff. The card with the Hawker represent some of the downfall of Brian's ownership of AC, he became more interested in collectiiong motorcycles and warbirds than building cars.
   Rick

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 15:19:31 »
Rick,
      It does seem like they were fairly customer service friendly, they hand drew a schematic for re-routing the belts for the non-airpump config.  Also, interesting to note when you told me about the rear rims, they (AC) machined a pair for the car and charged to former owner 600 pounds !! (back in 1988) for 2 rims !!  The nice thing is that the former owner of my car really threw money at it like it was no tomorrow and I believe it shows in the quality of this car.  Today should be a good driving day.

Quick question, how hard is it to replace the tach light bulb?  Any suggestionbs on how to do this?

Jan

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 21:13:39 »
JAn,
   remove the tach by unthreading two retaining screws on the back that hold a "U" shaped retainer, push the tach out from the back, replace the bulb and reverse process.
   Rick