Author Topic: AC Bristol exhaust manifold  (Read 2348 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
AC Bristol exhaust manifold
« on: September 03, 2019, 19:13:03 »
I am looking for an exhaust manifold for a Bristol engined Ace......any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am thinking of having the exhaust pipes coming out at the side rather than the rear......has anybody any thoughts on this. ( the car is LHD )
Regards to all and look forward to having a cuppa with a few of you at Goodwood.
Luke

James Eastwood

• View Profile
Re: AC Bristol exhaust manifold
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 21:02:02 »
I think they came out of the rear for a reason; to prevent exhaust getting blown back over you in traffic, and to make it quieter. Bear in mind it's your passenger who will be affected most.

I've also looked at the side exhaust as mine had that set up in period. Judging by the exit point of side exhausts and the length of my current rear-exhaust,  I think it requires a shorter overall box. I also believe they used slightly larger diameter pipes, but perhaps someone with one can comment.

If you find a source for parts or correct dimensions please share.

TTM

• View Profile
Re: AC Bristol exhaust manifold
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 13:24:09 »
Hello,

My LHD Ace has had a side exit exhaust since new and the manifolds merge down low into one 55mm single tube coupled to an intermediate tube going to a short silencer (or "noiser" depending how sensitive one's ears may be).

Mike Robinson could probably help as he seemed to have new manifolds on offer some years ago.