Author Topic: Frua sills  (Read 15730 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 15:56:43 »
Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply [:)]

Be extremely interested in fact in your very old ones sometime as it's also a Research Archive as well as a Register. These old pictures can often be very helpful and useful, especially views of the cockpit and dashboard areas, as many owners after so many years are keen to try and restore their cars to an original a condition as possible and authentic pictorial sources are unfortunately few and far between. If possible any photos of the shell would also be most valuable too as I've not been able to find any yet.

Any guesses as to when they all might have been taken ?

Naturally once the restoration is complete only too keen to have them on the developing "Gentleman’s Express Hall of Fame" website below !![8D]

http://ac428.zoomshare.com/

Paul

mikemall

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 18:42:54 »
Hi Paul,

I'll go on a hunt for my old pics.  Don't think any show the dash or anything interesting!  Do you want me to upload them here or email them to you?

Mike

Classicus

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 19:20:53 »
Hi Mike

Thank you !  [8D] If it's not a problem could you possibly upload onto here as I've found it's usually quicker than e-mails ?

Paul [:)]

david langford

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 20:14:24 »
Hi Emmanueld, yes,all done thanks. A guy at U.S. Autocare, who I use for engine parts did it. Didn't realize how much of a mess it was down there or how many times they had been bodged. Fabricated everything himself, has put in a series of holes to inject waxoyl at the back and even strengthened the jacking points. Not that I'll ever use them.
     Good to have it back on the road after a two years.

Dave

mikemall

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 18:17:05 »
Hi Paul,

I have now scanned a few pics in to my computer but... and I know I am being incredibly dense, I can't figure out how to put them on to the post! [8)]
   Cheers
   Mike

Classicus

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 22:20:28 »
Hi Mike

Thanks ! Not to worry - if you could possibly email them instead that'd be great.

428Classicus at googlemail dot com

Paul [:)]

Classicus

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 15:38:06 »
Hi Mike

Uploaded pics of CF 34 over on the Register ok.

What GREAT trendy gear !! [8D] [8D] Don't think I have ever seen a more classic set of 70's pics anywhere !! Brings back many, many great memories ! [:D]

I always use Photobucket which is a free picture hosting service plus ads. which used to last for about 6 months only if you didn't use it in between. Or you can pay a small annual amount (used to be $10) without the ads. - www.photobucket.com

However it can be a real maze if you're not used to it so follow the pics of the procedures below. Sorry about the size but if you copy and paste them into Word and enlarge to say 150% it should be ok.

In the final picture, "copy and paste", the whole of the "IMG" code in the bottom box, including (img) and (/img)themselves, into the AC forum's message box and then Preview the pics first. It must be the whole of the code otherwise no pics will appear.

Thanks again for the ultra COOL pics !! [8D]

Paul [:D]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Frua sills
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 02:49:45 »
David Hi,

I am glad it's all done, mine was a mess as well, posted pictures sometime ago, used waxoyl as well!

Regards,

Emmanuel