Author Topic: Front Wheel Bearings  (Read 3549 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Front Wheel Bearings
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:21:14 »
I am having trouble locating the front inner wheel bearing for AEX 1078. The bearing ID is a Timken 1997X and it does not show up as an active number in the Timken interchange manual I have, and Timken has not responded to my inquiries for information on any new numbers that superseded the old one. Does anyone have any cross reference information for the Inner bearing? The outer is still active and readily available, but the inner is proving to be very elusive.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Front Wheel Bearings
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:31:00 »
You will need to identify the Cup & Cone numbers as 1997X relates to the Cone & could have 1932 as the cup or say1922 as indicated on a bearing list from Midland Bearings in the UK, if you give me both i will contact a UK supplier for you.

Robin

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Front Wheel Bearings
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 19:08:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

I am having trouble locating the front inner wheel bearing for AEX 1078. The bearing ID is a Timken 1997X and it does not show up as an active number in the Timken interchange manual I have, and Timken has not responded to my inquiries for information on any new numbers that superseded the old one. Does anyone have any cross reference information for the Inner bearing? The outer is still active and readily available, but the inner is proving to be very elusive.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Jay

As Robin states you need the complete set of reference numbers.

BEX333 has Timkens outer and inner bearings.

Outer Bearing ....  09067   091-95-F

Inner Bearing ....  1997X  1922

I sourced mine from Premier Bearing Co Ltd

www.premierbearing.co.uk
   email:-    Sales@premierbearing.co.uk  they were about £10.00 each

They are still available in UK.

Keith

pls01

• View Profile
Front Wheel Bearings
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 22:42:46 »
You can down load a PDF of the Timken Roller bearing catalog from the Timken website.

Page B26 of the catalog shows a 1997X inner race with 1922 outer race.  Bearing bore is 1.0625, outside diameter is 2.2500 and overal width is 0.7813.  Double check these dimensions because Timken can assemble several different outer races with an inner race to create different bearing assemblies.

You can get bearings from local supply houses such as Motion Industries, Dalton Bearing or probably a local distributor.  Motion Ind. lists the price as $39.  The guys in the UK have a better deal!!

aex125

• View Profile
Front Wheel Bearings
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:44:11 »
Thanks Robin and Keith for the information, and especially to Peter who found a source on this side of the pond. While they may be a bit more expensive here than in the UK, I can drive 30 minutes to the local Motion Industries location if they have them. I'll try them in the morning. I had never heard of Motion Industries before, but they look to have a few different things I could use around the house in addition to the wheel bearings. Thanks for the lead.
   Jay