Author Topic: Inserting glass rubbers  (Read 1901 times)

Peter Hoskin

• View Profile
Inserting glass rubbers
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:10:09 »
AC ACECA - I have new rubbers for windscreen inner and outer, rear window and also the front and rear quarter lights. I now have to fit them as part of my rebuild activity. My ACECA has the square bottom corner windscreen.  I thought there might be an entry gate to allow the T section rubber to slide in, but no.
   Has anyone any guidance on how its best done? any special tools or lubricants?

Aceca289

• View Profile
Inserting glass rubbers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 21:34:00 »
You might want to seek professional help with replacing the front and rear windshield rubber. There was another post regarding replacing the rear window and I recall the person having a windshield glass repair service do the work with great satisfaction and at a reasonable expense.  You might even be able to get a mobile service to come to you. As for the rear quarters and front windwings I would recommend calling Ron Leonard (Sport and GT Motoring 970-259-0108 , Colorado, USA). Ron has been involved with AC’s since the 50’s and sells the rubber parts you mentioned.  He is also restoring an Aceca of his own right now. Ask him for a current parts list as he may be able to supply you with some additional parts for your restoration project.

I would appreciate it if you post or send me an e-mail (aceca289 at aol dot com) with the results of what you discover, as I have the same task ahead of me when I get the opportunity to do the work. I would also be interested in how you end up getting the old hardened rubber out as mine is as hard as nails!

Best of luck,

John