Author Topic: Suspension Bushings  (Read 2127 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Suspension Bushings
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:11:14 »
I am working on getting AEX1078 on rolling wheels again and am in the process of re-assembling the suspension and have a couple of questions.
   1. For the inner bushings on the A frames, are washers used between the bushings and the contact points on their mounting brackets; and is there a washer between the castellated nut and the bushing? AEX 125 has metal bushings instead of the rubber ones so it is not of much help as an example.
   2. Are any of the suspension pins (ie bolts) common to any other british cars of the era?
   Thanks,
   Jay

pls01

• View Profile
Suspension Bushings
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 18:50:42 »
Jay,
   My car (BEX375) does not have a washer between the mounting bracket and the bushing.  There is a washer between the castellated nut and the bushing.  I am fairly sure this is the original arrangement.

I don't know of any common pins or bolts, but my experience in this era is limited to the AC.
   Peter

aex125

• View Profile
Suspension Bushings
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:05:53 »
Peter,
   Thanks for the washer location info. In trying to ID some possible replacement pins I stopped by Moss Motors today and checked my old ones against some new ones. I compared them against MGA, Big Healey, MGB, MGT, and Spridget, but unfortunately, there were no matches. Looks like they are AC unique,  but maybe most people already knew that.....
   Jay