Author Topic: Photos  (Read 7899 times)

Mark IV

• View Profile
Photos
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:36:53 »
Is there any photo hosting setup here? I have pictures of the prototype CRS being built at Weybridge (May 1999) that I could post.
   Rick[:)]

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 17:36:38 »
Rick

Do you own a CRS?

Mark-Anthony
   CRS Chassis #22

Mark IV

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:03:58 »
No,
   But I was present during the prototype CRS production and saw a lot.
   Rick

C9OBY

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:24 »
Hello Rick,

Until such time as photo-posting becomes available on the forum, could you email me the pics that you have?  I have chassis #9513.

Many thanks
   Bruce
   bruce_claassen@hotmail.com

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 08:22:28 »
Dear Rick, I would also be very interested in seeing your pictures because of my CRS.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 21:00:03 »
Hi Rick

I along with many other ACOC members would also like to see the phots of the Prototype CRS and also learn of some of the internal  politics and  banter that took place during the development of the CRS.

Howsabout ...... A 5 or 6 page Feature in a future issue of ACtion, say Feb or March 2007 ??

Many AC club members do not use the internet let alone get as far as the forum,  So please pen a few words to complement the Photos so all the ACOC members can appreciate Some real AC History.

I bet the New 2007 ACtion Editor would also appreciate such a contribution to a future issue..........Many thanks in anticipation.

Keith

Mark IV

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 21:38:41 »
Can do...however I reserve the right to approve the final editing as I have some things to say that some might not like! If I approve, it goes to press. Perhaps I will also do a story and photos about the old Autokraft works at Brooklands.
   Rick

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 23:51:36 »
Hello Rick,
   People like me who lack the background information about ACs organization in the 80ties, do not understand some of your comments here in the forum. Would you be so kind to close this gap by giving us some more information about your involvement with and relationship to AC Cars / Autocraft.
   Thanks in advance for feedback.
   Kind regards
   Constant Wagner
   Luxembourg
   AKL1417 (July 1993)

Mark IV

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:55:56 »
Constant,

Glad to.
    In 1983 I met Brian Angliss, owner of Autokraft in Detroit at the SAAC convention. I was a long time Cobra fan, never an owner, who also had a family Ford dealership. A conversation with Brian turned into a long meeting, a breakfast meeting and became our becoming the first Autokraft AC MK IV dealer. I was involved in helping convince Ford to back the program and met many Ford people who were real enthusiasts and wanted Ford back into the performance market. We got it to work, I started advertising the cars and writing orders......now Brian only had to get certification for the US for the cars. Ford, to their credit, gave all the help promised and while I was on my first trip to Weybridge (and first time in the UK) the EPA certification paperwork came over the fax. Much celebration ensued.

For about three years I sold and imported the MK IVs and helped set up other Ford dealers as well as running the dealer association led by Paul Thomas of Pawnee Ford in Oklahoma. I had a customer supply a car to MOTOR TREND for a road test, I worked with Goodyear to get a "non-existant" tire a replacement for a ROAD & TRACK story (a whole 'nother tale I will relate)...all wnet well for three years or so. Brian became increasingly difficult to work with, many Ford dealers dropped out of the program as the cars were no longer selling themselves. Brian started to take orders from dealers with out a minimum order quantity and dealers who had cars in stock for a long time started to disscount them. This, for a specialty car is the kiss of death and we dropped the car.

Part 2- AC version 2.0 1999 and up...to be continued.
   Rick

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 08:32:43 »
Thanks Rick for this. It definitely helps to better understand some of your input. I look forward to the continuation bit.
   Also, as suggested by Keith, I believe it would be a good idea to publish an article and photos about experiences and past history (that is not found in the bookshops). I can only encourage you to share your experiences with us.
   Kind regards
   Constant
   Luxembourg
   AKL1417 (July 1993)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 01:55:26 »
Thank you Constant, you asked the question I was about to put to Rick.    Thank you Rick for elaborating on your position and involvement with ACs & Brian Anglis.

Even more reason to pen a article or two for publication in future issues of ACtion,  as many of us ( AC Enthusiasts ) are not and were not privy to early history especially direct from those who actively helped keep the AC name in the forefront during the 1970s / 80s and 90s.

As club members and AC Staff & Dealers get older, come and go we the newer members ( Enthusiasts) get more distant from the true Facts.  We must record the AC history for the future custodians of our great ACs.

Please submit a few articles for publication in ACtion.

Enjoy !!

Keith

Photos
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 03:30:30 »
Rick ... I have to thank you and give you a lot of credit .. your involvement in bringing this great car to the states is a great accomplishment.

I have my own story ... when I first seen AK1234 in british racing green .. it was sitting in an antique car store in Nyack Ny ... funny though it was surrounded by 4 other replica' which sold like hot cakes ... It had just 8k miles on it and was complete with all docs ... it took me 2 months to come to spend 38k on her ... why no one wanted this beauty was a puzzle to me... I dont think they knew the history ...
   me well I have had the book " Shelby's Wild Life "  since I was 7 years old ... my first ride was in 1969 in the back of a 1965 GT350R owned by my Dad ... so long story short ... I have loved these cars from day 5 years old ... I knew what sat in Nyack would some day be a piece of history ... maybe not the 1967 ACCOBRA ... but in some way the MKIV is a better car .. new technology and in my opinion a prize piece in my collection of Saleens, Shelbys, Pantera's and 1 Cobra MKIV ...  Thanks.

Ronald Lombardo

NY

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 06:29:28 »
Rick,
      Thanks, funny you mention Paul Thomas, he sold my car  orignally and I have a ton of letters and faxes with him and my car's original owner.  Also, your car must of won out for Motor Trend as I have a note from Paul to my car's original owner saying his car might be used for the photo shoot.  Anyway all good stuff.

Thanks again,

Jan

Mark IV

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 15:40:05 »
Jan,
   My customers car was used for the performance tests and Paul's customer provided one for a  cover picture. Also Clinton Ford in New Jersey provided a car to "MOTORWEEK" for a video story as I did not have one to spare in the timeframe they wanted to film.
   Rick

terry3000me

• View Profile
Photos
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 23:49:10 »
Rick,
   Following from Keith's earlier message, as the Action new 2007 editor I would welcome an article with photos from you. Also any of the members in States who have an interesting story to tell please consider preparing an article.
   Thanks, Terry