Author Topic: CF 64 Bits and Pieces  (Read 27256 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 16:29:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by Englishman

Classicus as and when the car is complete I will indeed get some professional photos taken and let you have what you need.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

Is the 428 well-known in Australia or has any classic car mag ever done a road test of one ?

Paul

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 01:58:55 »
Emmanuel,Paul,

I will try and source a Galaxy 500 header tank and as of now do not propose to instal A/C.

The car is unknown in Australia and probably because of its problems with cooking occupants was not marketed by AC down here. I have a mate who publishes an Auto magazine, albeit focused on the heavy vehicle sector, and we will put an article in it along with some professional photos.

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 23:33:42 »
Peter, Watch out as some exit to the right and some to left. I believe you need a left one. I bought one on Ebay years ago and it's the wrong side. You are welcome to it if you want but it needs to be modified. There are a few companies who make good repros such as Kirkham or Finish line. This is the same as mine: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/convincor/000_0994.jpg?t=1234395141. I have to double check it

Emmanuel [:D]

PeterM

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 12:02:43 »
Peter,

I sent you a message just after you bought the car (CF64) from Terry Healy and haven't logged on much since, but have now read several threads and see you are very close to finish.

Would love to see in the flesh. Could you call me to discuss 0414868197 , Peter in Sydney.

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2009, 23:54:39 »
Hi Emmanuel,

Checked out Kirkham and they have a very nice billet expansion tank for US$500+ and am just waiting on my builder to confirm if it will be OK, your offer of your wrong one is also interesting any cahance of a photo ??

This has been a long process !!!

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 21:35:25 »
Hi peter, I will post one on Monday as it is in my office! But meanwhile there are a couple like mine on E-bay!

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__ford-galaxie-overflow-tank_W0QQ_fromfsbZQQ_fxdZ1QQ_sopZ1?_rdc=1

or
   http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__ford-FE-tank_W0QQ_fxdZ1QQ_sopZ1?_rdc=1

Regards,

Emmanuel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 16:46:20 »
Ok, here they are! Sorry for delay.

Also you can buy a repro tank and use an original bracket to make a correct appearance looking one. Most repro tanks I have seen are missing the re-enforcement bracket. Which will result in failure.

http://www.shellvalley.com/Store/products.asp?ID=All&store=cobra

Regards, Emmanuel

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 02:45:33 »
Emanuel,

Thank you for the photographs, the jury is still out.

Does anyone know where the rear window came from, mine has some rather deep scratches which I am told if polished out will leave distortions in the glass.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

mikemall

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 11:10:34 »
Peter,

Do I understand that you have a spare pair of rear light frames?  You say you bought the "2 sets that were on e-bay... & now reside in Australia."  I have the lenses but the chrome seats are badly pitted & I really want a new pair.

Mike

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:38 »
Mike,

Sorry for any confusion, I bought 2 rear lights not 2 pairs.

I have one rear light spare that I was going to keep just in case of future damage.

You might try Gerry Hawkridge.

Cheers

Peter

J Jones

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:06 »
I know that (somewhere in this forum) there has been interest in finding the correct steering wheel for our Fruas'. I believe they are be EFFPI, found on Maseratti Mistral and Sebring.  There are two presently being offered on Ebay, listed under "Maseratti". They are lacking the leather wrapping, and (of course) the AC logo. but one of them is quite correct, with what appears to be the correct center horn button. Not inexpensive, but fixable.