Author Topic: CF 64 Bits and Pieces  (Read 27264 times)

J Jones

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 23:07:04 »
check out the tail lights on this Alfa Giulia.
   http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/8759/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:34 »
Jeff,

Thank you for the information which I am sure avid readers of this Forum will take note.

I have found a guy down here that restores Alfas and he is looking at his local contacts.

Must admit I had not noticed the missing gasket on the Matese tail lights-- Thanks.

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 18:34:24 »
Peter, regarding the Ford header tank if you choose to go that way, It's not stock, it would not fit under the hood. On the Cobra 427, it was a special assembly with a shortened pipe. You can buy an unassembled one from "Finish Line" or another Cobra part supplier and have it welded together after you have set the height you want.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 07:01:43 »
Hi Emmanuel,

Checked Finish Line but did not find the header tank you mentioned ?

By the way I do like the motor you have built, when it is installed and running we hope to get a road test report.

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 17:29:56 »
Yes you are right, I checked the site and they don't list them anymore, just small block ones. You might want to e-mail them anyway. There is also Guessford, but they are expensive.

http://www.gessford.com/cobraparts/fmisc.htm

I will search for more sources! You might also buy a used one on Ebay and have it shortened by your radiator shop! (Make sure you get one that  exit toward the left). The other place to look is Kirkham, there you can get upper and lower aluminum cooling hoses to replace the rubber ones. These were standard on 427 Cobras and greatly enhance cooling system reliability.

www.kirkhammotorsports.com

Regards

Emmanuel[:)]

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 06:35:23 »
Gents,

As perfect as I believe I am, though a little modest, I have to admit to an error on my part.

The bonnet/hood part I need is from the front end and not the windshield end ansd is one of two devices that holds the bonnet/hood open.

Again help or direction is requested.

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 20:46:18 »
The early models have 2 coils springs mounted in front by the hinges to retain the hood opened and the later ones like mine have a rod on the left side. If you need photos let me know!

Regards,

Emmanuel

J Jones

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 10:14:37 »
I feel like a shill for Ebay, but I stumbled across this item that I thought might be of interest. I bought a car cover from California Car Covers several years ago. I was amazed they had a pattern. They must have made up an extra when they made mine, 'cause here it is. Suitable for Dry storage, though since they do have a pattern, they could make it in other fabrics if so desired
   Ebay item # 140199370725. I have nothing to do with Ebay; honest !

nikbj68

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 11:57:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by J JonesI feel like a shill for Ebay...I have nothing to do with Ebay; honest !

Jeff, these posts are exactly what I think the forum should be about...[8D]

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:16 »
Hi Emmanuel,

I need one of the two coil springs for the hood on CF64, I suspect we will fabricate one on the pattern of the one we have.

Cheers

Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 01:45:41 »
Hello Peter,

I am sure these are impossible to find!

Unless Jeffrey wants to donate one!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Emmanuel [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

J Jones

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 09:37:24 »
Emmanuel, Peter -
   I do have two of those cunning springs, both hard at work under my hood/bonnet/whatever. I also have two kidneys,but they too are occupied at present.

It's possible some imaginative research on-line might be helpful, though it's a long shot. They came from somewhere Italian, and at some point during production, Frua must have used all they had available. So they are likely rare. I do not recall seeing them anywhere else. I wonder what their original purpose was? They may well have been made for some purpose other than holding the hood open. What might have chromed coil springs have been made for? Could even have been for something non-automotive.

But they are really nice; a great detail. How many of these beauties could find a home? It would cut the cost of making them up.

Jeffrey

nikbj68

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 15:20:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Englishman...I need one of the two coil springs for the hood on CF64, I suspect we will fabricate one on the pattern of the one we have.
   Cheers,Peter

You could try a company we use, Springmasters, I`m sure they can supply chromed, note there is a min. O/seas order of £50, but I`m sure a UK delivery/forwarding could be arranged via this forum. Maybe even a club purchase to hold a couple of pairs in stock?

Englishman

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 04:17:26 »
Jeffry,

Pleased to read that you have two of everything but would point out that donations of Kidneys is not uncommon so likewise if you care to donate a spring I would be a happy recipient ???

Cheers

Peter

J Jones

• View Profile
CF 64 Bits and Pieces
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 08:51:07 »
Ahh, yes, Peter. I could donate one of mine that you might have two, but the arithmetic confuses me.

The Springmasters website looks promising. Oh the Joy! Imagine.... Springs for all! A bounty that could supply Emmanuel, and the other unlucky owners who lack this beautiful detail.

Seriously, this is one of those particular items that would be nice to reproduce.

Who will take the plunge?

Jeffrey