Author Topic: distributor  (Read 3137 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
distributor
« on: June 20, 2008, 21:05:17 »
I got one of those new 123 units to replace a worn out original distributor on my 59 Aceca, ace engine. Robin Woolmer sent me the gear to make it fit. Has anybody installed one of these yet and what advance setting have you used to make the car run optimal?

Thanks,

Gus

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
distributor
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:26:11 »
I have the unit installed now. The car is running fabulous. great improvement over the original, worn out distributor. No misfires, immediate starting, very little need for choke on a cold start, smooth running, excellent fuel burn. It is really a great improvement. I was at the end of what I could tweak with carbs/mixture and without any changes to those, adding this distributor made all the difference. I will post the settings I have it on soon. I do have a slightly hotter cam than stock from Robin Woolmer and possibly a slightly higher compression ratio than stock with the rebuilt rotating assembly. So if you are looking for replacement of your distributor, I can definitely recommend this one. Thanks, Robin, for hooking me up!!

Gus

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
distributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 14:35:41 »
Gus
   I am pleased you are getting good results with the 123 Ignition distributor, will it be accepted by the Racing organizations FIA etc?
   With the vintage racing in the UK we may be able to replicate the advance curves in a normal distributor with the developement information from 123!
   I will check this out with an expert.
   I will be using my123 for normal road none competition use, it must give better fuel performance as well as more power.

Robin

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
distributor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 21:29:49 »
Ok, It's been a while. In the mean time I've been to Road America for the Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman. Great racing, Fantastic cars and I even managed to clinch an award at the Concours d'Elegance. The Aceca is a rarity. Anyway, I was going to post the curve on the 123 Distributor that I used and works so well: Curve setting D, 10 degrees advance at 1000 RPM, 15 at 2000 RPM and 36 degrees at max RPM. The Ac engine runs great on this distributor.

Gus

mike harrison

• View Profile
distributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 18:01:48 »
Anyone fitted a 123 distributor to a Bristol 100D2 with Solex carbs. If so, what settings were used? Also, was the vacuum advance used, too?