Author Topic: Spinners/Changing wheels  (Read 10177 times)

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Spinners/Changing wheels
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:07 »
Guys
   I noticed, as perhaps you all did, that Gerry Hawkridge is selling a BRILLIANT piece of kit for changing Halibrands.  I spotted it in the "Garage Gear" section in the current edition of Classic and Sports Car.

Rather than smacking one of the lobes of the spinner with a hammer (possibly even in the right direction!) and hopefully without breaking it, denting the car or damaging anything else in the vicinity Gerry has come up with a brilliant tool.

It is a "shroud" that fits over the spinner and takes the drive from a socket set (1" but he has converters) so you just put it on add your socket driver and turn in the direction illustrated on the tool.

Goddammitt even I can understand that!

It would appear that everyone else does too because I called him this morning (Hawk Cars - 01892 750 282) and he's sold out.  New stock ordered.  Due to the price that his supplier is charging him I couldn't get a Club Discount.

It's not cheap (£240) but if you've got spinners (and its 2am and pouring - it probably will be) you probably need one.  If like me you can't wield a hammer and don't know your left from your right or clockwise from counter-clockwise then you can't live without one.

Regards

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22

nikbj68

• View Profile
Spinners/Changing wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 18:04:38 »
Tools are for cissies!
   5lb lump hammer...that`s what you need! (Note backhand swing!)

OK, I admit this does look a little more civilised:

[:o)][:o)]

Classicus

• View Profile
Spinners/Changing wheels
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 20:26:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Tools are for cissies!
   5lb lump hammer...that`s what you need! (Note backhand swing!)

Nice pic of a very young looking John Bolster of Autosport never seen without his deerstalker on extreme left of pic. And an older pic of him and his road test of CF 7 below....