Author Topic: Ace workshop manual needed  (Read 7423 times)

msgsobe

• View Profile
Ace workshop manual needed
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:25:34 »
MA 200 will be going back together shortly, any manuals, wiring diagrams, etc out there for ACE, or cobra, 62-63. CD rom is fine..thanks guys.  mark

msgsobe

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 00:58:14 »
bump.  come on guys, photocopy or cd rom works..

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 01:39:37 »
Hi Mark.

Not sure if this helps at all, but I had a February 1957 wiring diagram posted on the Ace  Model section.  The colour coding should be the same, Can post to you a A3 size copy if you confirm you home address.

Send email to........Keith dot lessiter at faac dot co dot uk

Alternatively try:

Steve at brooklandsmotorcompany dot co dot uk
   or
   steve at acheritage dot co dot uk

Last but not least try  Robin Stainer the official ACOC MK1 / MK11
   Cobra Registrar.....rstainer at radcothouse dot co dot uk

Good luck

Keith

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:00 »
You might want to try Ron Leonard in Colorado (970-259-0108). He shows reproductions of AC Ace and Aceca manuals in his latest parts list, although many items on his parts list are no longer available. Worth a try! I have also seen AC shop manuals on e-bay (both original and copies).

I have an original leather bound 1956 AC Ace – Aceca manual that I have copied and enlarged to 8-1/2 X 11 (easier on the eyes). If you want a copy let me know and I can e-mail you a PDF copy.

John

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 08:54:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aceca289

You might want to try Ron Leonard in Colorado (970-259-0108). He shows reproductions of AC Ace and Aceca manuals in his latest parts list, although many items on his parts list are no longer available. Worth a try! I have also seen AC shop manuals on e-bay (both original and copies).

I have an original leather bound 1956 AC Ace – Aceca manual that I have copied and enlarged to 8-1/2 X 11 (easier on the eyes). If you want a copy let me know and I can e-mail you a PDF copy.

John

John

Can you please copy me in with a pdf of the 1956/7    Ace/Aceca Manual........My origonal 1957 factory copy is past its' sell by date... Not quite as old as the owner , but nearly. ( No comments please!)  Would appreciate the larger font size to save reaching for the reading specs whilst working on the Ace in the workshop.

Email:    Keith dot lessiter at faac dot co dot uk

much appreciated.

Keith

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 17:15:05 »
Keith:

I will make PDF’s and try to send them out in the next day or two. I spiral bound my copy and it works well as a shop copy (no worries about getting the original copy greasy). My manual is for an early AC engine car so it won't help as much for the Bristol powered AC's. If anyone else wants a copy let me know.

Mark:

I don’t know if this old of a manual would be of much use for your AC (MA 200) since is a unique automobile. Your best bet may be to talk to Ron Leonard as he is a warehouse of information and may be able to help identify the source of some of the components used on your car and point you in the right direction. He could at least supply you with wiring diagrams for AC’s around the vintage of your prototype.

Best of luck,

John

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 17:49:01 »
John
   It would be very helpful to me to have a copy of your manual of the early Ace if you would be good enough to send it to me.

Regards

Robin

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:37:45 »
John - I'd love a pdf copy also whenever you get the chance.

bowmanpj@hotmail.com

Cheers

Peter
Peter B.

Roy Davies

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 12:12:17 »
John.  Please could I have a copy as well.  Many Thanks.  Roy

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 14:51:23 »
Just for my clarification: are we talking here about a proper workshop manual, not the owners instruction manual?
   In case the answer is YES I would also be interested in a PDF copy. yd31810 at yahoo dot com

Jerry

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 17:28:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by bex316

Just for my clarification: are we talking here about a proper workshop manual, not the owners instruction manual?
   In case the answer is YES I would also be interested in a PDF copy. yd31810 at yahoo dot com

Jerry

Wow, I guess I generated a bit of interest. I believe my manual is the normal owner’s manual and not a full workshop manual. I have not had the opportunity to review another owner’s manual to compare. It measures 6” X 9” and has 62 pages; however, it differs from owner’s manuals I have seen on-line since it is leather bound. I believe the full shop manual is printed in a larger format. The forward states “This book was written with the object of enabling the owner to maintain his car in perfect condition throughout its life”. It does have sections entitled “How to fit a new timing chain” and “Removing Cylinder Sleeves, Pistons, Etc.” which is certainly more detail than what is included in modern owner’s manuals.

Does this sound like a normal owner’s manual?

John

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 00:59:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aceca289

quote:
Originally posted by bex316

Jerry

Wow, I guess I generated a bit of interest. I believe my manual is the normal owner’s manual and not a full workshop manual. I have not had the opportunity to review another owner’s manual to compare. It measures 6” X 9” and has 62 pages; however, it differs from owner’s manuals I have seen on-line since it is leather bound. I believe the full shop manual is printed in a larger format. The forward states “This book was written with the object of enabling the owner to maintain his car in perfect condition throughout its life”. It does have sections entitled “How to fit a new timing chain” and “Removing Cylinder Sleeves, Pistons, Etc.” which is certainly more detail than what is included in modern owner’s manuals.

Does this sound like a normal owner’s manual?

John

Hi John

It is the General Instruction manual as supplied by AC Cars in 1956/57 for the AC engined Ace / Aceca.

I have received both sections, Will print out, Laminate and refer to whilst in the workshop..........Should keep my origonal 50s copy cleaner.   Plus the larger format means I dont need my reading Glasses......

I have meant to produce A4 copy for my own use so many times over the past 8 years..... Now it is done...  ...  LAZY or WOT !!

Cheers

Keith

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 07:47:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aceca289...Wow, I guess I generated a bit of interest....John

Bet you wish you`d been charging now, eh? [;)]

It might be handy for the club to have a copy available in the Members` section...Administrator?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:12:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Aceca289...Wow, I guess I generated a bit of interest....John

Bet you wish you`d been charging now, eh? [;)]

It might be handy for the club to have a copy available in the Members` section...Administrator?

WOT !!  !!

And loose revenue from selling copies through the ACOC.  WOT planet R U on ??

Good idea, But that project would be nipped in the bud by the ACOC as they have reproduced A5 copies and supplied Members for years.

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 21:55:24 »
I am happy to make this owners manual available.  Not a problem, since we have a copy machine at work that turns paper into PDF as fast you can feed it in.  It would be nice if there was a way to post PDF files to this forum similar to posting photos. I understand the security issue with posting files…however PDF files should be safe.  I didn’t know the ACOC reproduced owner’s manuals for club members.

Robin / Roy:

I tried sending you both e-mails using the link in the members section. It seems that system is not working. Robin - I found your e-mail address through your website. Roy - If you don’t want to make your e-mail public you can send me an e-mail via one of the other members who requested a copy of the manual and I will send one off to you.

John