Author Topic: Sad Frua  (Read 13219 times)

davidhickman

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« on: May 26, 2008, 13:06:04 »
Morning All,
   Happy wet and windy Bank Holiday Monday!
   Following on from another thread about updating a register of the whereabouts and ownership of these cars, I came across this the other day.
   It's in the Haynes Motor Museum in Yeovil Somerset.
   Sadly, whilst other cars appear to be in good condition, this one seems to have sustained some damage, as a result I should imagine of being moved around within the display. There are several dents on top of the bonnet and on top of the passenger front wing as well as creases in both doors. Finally the souvenir/collectors have debadged it! [:(!]
   Best regards, David

Classicus

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 20:48:13 »
Hi David

CF 75 - real shame as you say. Haynes also used to have a fastback plus this convertible as well back in the Nineties so it's been there a long time. I remember they used to run all their (red only !) cars every so often on their small outside test circuit to keep them all in running order, so unless it's just happened it's a bit strange that it's still on public display. Perhaps because old John's getting on a bit now and starting to lose interest ?

I'll add the top pic next Update so thanks [:)]

Paul

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 17:39:17 »
As long as the car is all there (minus the front badge), restoration should not be a problem!

Emmanuel

aaron

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 15:43:55 »
That is a great shame,why do the museum let these hooligans treat the cars like this,John Haynes obviously need to get CCTV ,he makes enough money ,the car looked fine the last time I saw it.

Why does the museum employ hooligans to move the cars around ?

nikbj68

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:58 »
Just found this photo of the same car from 2007, Which is located in one of Aaron`s groups on Flickr
   (Unsurprisingly, the AC 428 Frua group!) and clearly shows the car looking slightly healthier, with the badge intact & only 1 dent on the O/S/F wing visible, click on the pic for a larger version:

I suppose the badge could be off the car for other reasons, I hope it hasn`t just gone walkies.
   There are an awful lot of good photos in your groups, mate!

aaron

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 23:19:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Just found this photo of the same car from 2007, Which is located in one of Aaron`s groups on Flickr
   (Unsurprisingly, the AC 428 Frua group!) and clearly shows the car looking slightly healthier, with the badge intact & only 1 dent on the O/S/F wing visible, click on the pic for a larger version:

I suppose the badge could be off the car for other reasons, I hope it hasn`t just gone walkies.
   There are an awful lot of good photos in your groups, mate!

Thanks for your kind comments Nik and thanks for joining  some of the groups, I have put alot of time into the groups on Flickr adding some of my own photo`s and searching for other photo`s to be added to the groups..........[:I][:)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 18:32:46 »
Whatever happened to this car? anyone knows?

Emmanuel

lyonheart84

• View Profile
Sad Frua
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 00:54:07 »
I think the car'ss till there Emmanuel, sadly museum cars often get no maintenance but at least it's kept dry and will not deteriorate much......