Author Topic: Bendix brakes  (Read 2830 times)

Big col

• View Profile
Bendix brakes
« on: December 27, 2018, 20:58:52 »
Seasons greetings fellow AC er’s.

I have reached the point of building up the brakes on my 1935 16/66 rebuild. Sadly the copy of the manual I have is very poorly copied and unreadable. I would like to get hold of a legible copy. Can anyone suggest where to get one, I believe the club reprints only do the handbooks which don’t go into as much depth. My searches on the web have proved fruitless.

Thanks in anticipation,

Colin
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

Big col

• View Profile
Re: Bendix brakes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 15:01:46 »
I have managed to get a hold of some useful information through the VSCC. That along with the information I already have should be enough to complete the rebuild.

Have a happy and prosperous new year

Colin.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 08:31:02 »
Great that you have got the info you needed - could you do an article for ACtion?

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 19:28:53 »
As it happens I am doing occasional reports on the progress made for ACtion.
I will see what I can come up with specifically for the brakes. Now is a good time for your suggestion as I plan to do the brakes next week so can make notes.

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 21:39:02 »
A very kind gentleman on the VSCC forum has posted a link on their forum which give a comprehensive article from an old Motor Engineering publication. It is acceptable through the Bertram Hill website in the Technical tab. It is far superior to anything I could do regards an article for ACtion.
Tried a link but not sure if successful. http://www.bertram-hill.com/vintage-and-pvt-information.html