Author Topic: Axle end caps  (Read 2913 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« on: April 20, 2008, 18:04:32 »
I have lost one of these bad boys. Anyone know of a source; can be plain or AC logo'd? These are the small aluminum caps with the "o-rings" that close off the axle ends. thanks, Jim

wenzeh

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 18:51:56 »
Jim,
   you can find the end caps in the US through this source: http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=52&osCsid=0ce6a5c19eab4eec03ec6da758860196

But not sure if you can purchase single and without logo.

Heinz

jbottini

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 19:55:41 »
Heinz,
   thanks for the reply , but in comparing these to the ones on my AK, I believe these are Wheel center covers, not axle end covers. Any one have a thought here? Jim

wenzeh

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 20:12:37 »
Jim, not sure about this as from the picture it is hard to tell and I did not purchase for my car - but maybe you want to try that other source then I found!

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadeffia&GHOME=www.cobrarestorers.com&TITLE=Cobra_Restorers

Line two - hub plug!

Heinz

jbottini

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 20:29:31 »
Heinz, yes, I found the Cobra restorers as well. Also, Gerry hawkridge of Hawk Cars in UK manufacturers them as well I find.Gerry is fast becoming a world class supplier.[:D] thanks for your assits.
   jim

wenzeh

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 21:04:02 »
Jim,

Indead, Gerry is a great source of components and I just had visited him to get a lot of parts I had needed for the suspension of my MKIV (AK 1005) - which turned out to be a MKIII suspension and Gerry could help with some very special spare parts!

Having also seen all the Kirkham's in his garage he is building for customers I can't imagine that there is a single component you can't purchase from Gerry!

I am glad that there are still all this sources where we can get parts for our cars!!!

Heinz

jbottini

• View Profile
Axle end caps
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 12:57:48 »
There is still interest in all things AC.