Author Topic: AC ACE & Rudd Speed  (Read 3418 times)

SimonH

• View Profile
AC ACE & Rudd Speed
« on: January 02, 2019, 21:50:46 »
Hi, Im a new member to this forum.

My Dad (Arthur Harwood) was involved with race preparation of numerous AC Ace's through Rudds of Worthing.
He was involved with Ken Rudd, Ted Whiteaway, Bob Jennings,Michael Wilcox, & Mike Hawthorn to name a few.
I am trying to locate old pictures and memorabilia from his era.

He was involved with building the Swandean Spitfire with Michael Wilcox, prep of Ace's 650BPK & VPL442.

Does any body on the forum own these cars or have information relating to them?

I have attached a picture of 650BPK, with Ted Whiteaway, John Turner and my Dad sitting on the right rear

terry3000me

• View Profile
Re: AC ACE & Rudd Speed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 12:47:53 »
Simon, there is a brand new book on Ted Whiteaway published by his family. A review and contact details will be included in the next months, Feb, ACtion.
Terry

ted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 13:53:31 »
Hi Simon,

It may seem obvious but the Ace Bristol Racing Book by John McLellan and Tony Bancroft is a good place to start. It is still available from the authors for £40 + p&p if I remember correctly.

vroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 19:06:25 »
Dear Simon
Your Dad probably knew of my red 2.6 (BE 433, hence the unusual serial number) which might have been familiar to Rudd's. The car was built in Worthing around February 1962, following 2 Ace-Bristols, race prepared and much raced almost every weekend by Thomas G. Cunane (of Wells, Somerset) until September 1964. Any memory would of course be much appreciated.
Sorry I am unable to post any photo in this system.