Author Topic: Ace engine mount pictures?  (Read 2678 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Ace engine mount pictures?
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:47 »
I'm looking at some old pictures of a basket case Ace and am trying to figure out what engine it came with. Does anyone have a link or some pictures of the difference between the motor mounts for the 3 different engines?
   Thanks,
   Jay

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:16:04 »
Since there were no responses to this I thought I would try a different approach. Below are a couple of pictures from an Ace I saw about 15 years ago and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what engine the motor mounts are for. I realize the rear of the frame has been modified, but I thought the front was probably original. The seller of the car was passing it off as a Cobra basket case, but admitted it was an Ace.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:44 »
It looks like a coil sprung front suspension therefore cannot be an ACE?

Robin

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 21:02:49 »
Robin,
   I have to admit I missed the coil spring aspect, but if you look and the rear boot, it is a long boot that would ID this car as an early Ace I believe. Also, in a picture I did not post, the nose has the AC emblem with 2 holes below it that make it look like it was originally a Bristol car. Based on your catch of the coil sprung front suspension, the frame may be also be modified at the front or maybe this a FrankenAce made from a couple of cars?
   Jay

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 22:59:08 »
Jay,

The front has the uprights from an ace, with some strange "bits". The "A" tower looks ace, with something added on top. The rear suspension looks all wrong (box steel). The boot in long so early Ace. I would run a mile if this came near me.

John.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 05:11:02 »
John,
   Where is your sense of adventure? Since the pictures are about 15 years old, there is no telling where this car is today. At the time the pictures were taken, the owner wanted $8,000 for the car which was pretty pricey at the time. If I was to run across this car at the same price today, I would probably bring it home, but then no one has ever accused me of being very smart.
   Jay