CF59
« on: April 05, 2008, 18:48:33 »
H&H are advertising CF59 on 16 April:

http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/lotdetail.php?lotid=24837&aucid=3199

Classicus

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 20:31:15 »
Wonder what happened to the front and back bumpers ?

1).  http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/auctionlistings.php?saleid=94C

2).  http://www.harrogateinternationalcentre.co.uk/hic-392

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 11:31:00 »
Was this the car advertised recently in ACtion?

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 15:23:39 »
This is the car I "found" and drove recently (and duly reported same on this forum) and yes, it was offered in ACtion.

I was offered the car but judged the asking price too high.  I notice that the estimate is more realistic.  This is a copy of my entry on the forum at the time:-

"Finally,

I have managed to get to drive one of these bloody lovely cars!

CF 59 is a late RHD car, first registered in 1971, a coupe, with the later dash, 8 track stereo, no air con, and it is fitted with an auto box, which sadly refused to kick down when I drove it. Kickdown cable needed adjusting I suspect - certainly nothing major. It needs kickdown - badly - bit of a slug without.

I Loved it and I now know that I really do want one, I may have to sell the house but hey . . .

The car, and I assume all of them, corners well and very accurately, it does hich up its skirts and move if down shifted (manually here) and it feels tight and secure. Does require a bit of a heave to stop it quickly though, mind you my Ghibli did too. It is, as I hoped, comfortable and I think it would make an absolutely spiffing Grand Tourer - what.

I'll bet if fettled it would scare the bejesus out of a few hot hatches too.

The tired paint is VERY VERY RED, whose shade can only be described as 'whore red'.

The car is in Great Britain and the owner has asked to remain anonymous.

(Damn but you 428 owners are secretive. I have now found four missing cars: CF 38, CF 49, CF 55 and CF 59 and all the owners wish to remain anonymous - what are you hiding - apart from your cars?)

Regards

Mark-Anthony

PS. Do let me know if you want any other missing 428s found won't you? Yes I'm feeling very bloody smug!"

Regards

M-A

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 21:15:03 »
So technically still for sale on the website here at £42500. Be interesting to see the sale result as fruas have been on a roll recently.

BTW I have just bought a pair of frua front indicators on Ebay ( working on the theory that if I have spares then I won't need them) The seller has front grill panels and an autolite carb that both went unsold.

However he also has door trim panels and a bonnet. I am in discussion and trying to find out how he obtained these parts.

Classicus

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 13:28:17 »
Hi Cliff

Can't remember whether you were also after a replacement windscreen or not, otherwise has anyone bought and fitted one satisfactorily yet from that firm I mentioned "CCS Windscreens" in Chelmsford ? [:)]

http://www.ccswindscreens.co.uk/pages/vintage_windscreens.html

nikbj68

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 14:53:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by administrator

H&H are advertising CF59 on 16 April:

http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/lotdetail.php?lotid=24837&aucid=3199

How odd. For some reason, the above link now goes to a "1921 WOLSELEY 10HP '200 MILE' RACER EVOCATION."

You can view the 428 HERE:

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 13:28:48 »
Just checked with H&H - lot 20 NOT SOLD.

davidhickman

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 16:14:25 »
Hah!
   So maybe it didn't even reach my £33,000?
   and sooo... to all of you (only two actually!) who guessed £37,500 and £41,500, I think I win!!
   Seriously though, does anyone know how far the bidding went before it was withdrawn?
   Just curious as I keep putting my beer vouchers (£notes) into my piggy bank for some day.
   Be my luck that this one could have been had for sensible money when I'm not in a position to do so - BUT when I do get the chance I'll be up against an Arab oil mogul with no limit all. [:(]
   David

cliffordl

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 19:09:36 »
Auctioneers were open to discuss an aftersale offer but I got the impression that they didn't have much movement.

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
CF59
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:15:18 »
Hi Guys,

When I went to drive it I took £35,000 with me but as I was told the asking price was solid (and more than £35K) I didn't even make an offer.

I took the view that by the time I'd added a pair of new bumpers (which the car now has) and a new paint job (which the car now has) I would have been looking at over £45,000 before I touched anything else, which took it out of my league.

I really like this car and I think it's a very solid piece of kit, I had Big Al check it out for me and he gave it a good review too (call him and ask him).  It still needs a lot of cash throwing at it.  The body's solid and the engine and gearbox are too.  It's just all the little stuff that will bite you in the wallet.

I wish I had the time - or rather - the money and I'd make her mine.

M-A
   CRS#22