Author Topic: Dry sump system for 2litre  (Read 10144 times)

Trevor Corner

• View Profile
Dry sump system for 2litre
« on: April 03, 2008, 22:29:29 »
Kit suppliers,I would be grateful for any information and advice.[:)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:27:13 »
Trevor
   I am not aware of any standard kit to modify the AC Weller Engine to dry sump but of course it is possable, most owners fit a central oil pick up & fit baffles to ensure oil is fed to the pump, if the purpose is to lower the centre of gravity of the car then it obviously can be done!
   The key issue is that of fitting a scavenging & high pressure pump to a suitable reliable drive point which is probably fitting it where the dynamo is & drive direct from the cross shaft then having an oil filter/pressure relief valve to control the oil going to the bearings.
   It would be possable to modify an existing sump reducing its depth & fitting a new oil pick up, you can purchase the scavenging & pressure pumps, oil tank & the filter/pressure relief valve & plumb it all up.
   The dynamo would need to be driven from the fan belt as per post war engines so brackets would be needed in a suitable place!
   If you look at my web site you will find an oil filter/pressure relief valve assembly which could be used & the oil pumps can be sourced which i believe could be face mounted as per the dynamo with a coupling to the cross shaft, the rest of it is ironmongery!

Robin

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:13 »
Rod Briggs' article on the centre oil pickup is on the Members' Section on the AC Engine Pages.