Author Topic: AC Ace curved winscreen and steering wheel require  (Read 2159 times)

Glen Smytheman

• View Profile
AC Ace curved winscreen and steering wheel require
« on: March 20, 2008, 18:39:27 »
Hi all and greetings from New Zealand,

My 1960 AC Ace Bristol chassis BE1175 has just arrived back from a trip right round NZ with 16 cars from the Bristol Owners Club of the UK.

My car has now done just over 5000 miles in the 6 months that I have owned it – not bad as it had only done 3000 in the previous 20 years! It is running much better now that it has a few miles on it.

Two things have come to light during the trip that I need to replace as follows:

1)   Windscreen (curved).  Mine got  2 inch long crack along the way and the best price I can find is UK pounds 166.  Also interested in anything I need to look for in selecting a new screen for an Ace.

2)   Steering wheel. One of the six “spokes” on my wheel has a hairline crack which I will repair, however I thought I would investigate alternatives.  Looks like you can get them new from Moto Lita in the UK at about pounds 172 each.

If anyone can provide any other alternatives to the above I would be very appreciative of hearing from you.  Would be happy to hear from people anywhere in the world as the parts need to come back to New Zealand.

I wonder  if the ACOC will ever make it out this way??

Happy Easter to all

Kind Regards

Glen Smytheman