Author Topic: Acedes 1925  (Read 10234 times)

ChrisWhite

• View Profile
Acedes 1925
« on: March 18, 2008, 13:18:01 »
Dear members,

I would much appreciate your help.

My father-in-law has owned an Acedes for about 30 years.  In recent years it has been his intention to return it to good running condition but this has not happened – it was working properly when he first bought it.

On the plus side it is 98% complete – one or two items have been lost or stolen over the years.  However, the engine is probably in poor condition – the car was never properly laid up.  Similarly, I think quite a low of work will be needed on the other systems.  The body is aluminium and in very good shape but the upholstery is poor.

Some Details:
   16HP
   Engine no: 1634
   Chassis no 11996

Does anyone have an idea of a reasonable sale value.

Chris

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Acedes 1925
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 14:56:29 »
These cars can go for £15 - 25K when in good working order, depending on model, condition and who is interested.  Depending on how much work is needed and what spec is wanted, an engine rebuild can cost upwards of £10K to quite a lot of money.  You will need an enthusiast!  There is certainly a market for unmolested restoration projects, and several in the UK have sold for well over their estimate at auction.

The car is recorded in the ACOC Vintage Register, albeit with engine 1684, and last heard of in Surrey.

ChrisWhite

• View Profile
Acedes 1925
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 15:11:48 »
That makes sense.  I suspect the engine number was misread from the logbook and is correctly 1684.  The registration number is YM 1437 and my father-in-law previously lived in Morden.

Regards
   Chris